Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:32 pm 
Advanced Member

Just upgraded from a version that still had AutoLogin to the latest version that has QuickFill and I'm having trouble with my banking page.

I have 4 different log ins at this one bank. This bank uses the "two page" log in setup. With the previous Slimbrowser's Auto-login in feature, I had each one set up as a different Autologin entry and it would fill it in on the first page, and submit it to the second page, where I would type my password. (again, each of the 4 was unique)

Now, with QuickFill, even though I save each "Active form" individually, only one will function, even though I've set up 4 unique set of credentials, all with a unique name (Bank Account 1, Bank Account 2, etc)

Meaning, if the credentials for "Bank Account 1" is Quickfilled successfully on the first page (and I then manually submit the password on the second page), if I log out and try to use the next form (such as Bank Account 2) it doesn't work, it still wants to submit the credential from the previous form.

Any suggestions as to what I can do? If not, can I go back to Auto-login in?

EDIT: Just found out I can't use QuickFill to log on to my Home Depot credit account either!
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm 
Advanced Member

this may not completely resolve your problem

I have found it helpful to go to Tools:Options:Quickfill
and to uncheck the box next to, "Auto Fill form when a matching form is detected"

also of use with some logins and form fills

I go to QuickFill:Organize Saved Forms....
drill down as needed in the tree to the form I want to "organize"
highlight the form I want to "organize"
click the Edit button
check the box, "do not submit form"
and OK the change

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:00 pm 
Advanced Member

Ok, the first solution worked for multible account log-ins at the same site: Uncheck the box next to "Auto Fill form when a matching form is detected"
Thank you for that suggestion.

However, I'm still not able to log in to my Home Depot credit account, even with the "Auto-fill" option turned off.

Although I've filled in the correct credentials and saved the form (Having also verified manually that they do work) it proceeds to fill them in sucessfully on the correct page, but the page responds that they are NOT correct.

I've also found that one of my bank credit card accounts suffers the same problem. It fills in the credentials, but with or without the Auto fill option, the page doesn't seem to like what was filled in.

In both forms I've tried to manually look at the code in the "Advanced Editor" - the correct user name and password are shown.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:14 pm 
Advanced Member

some websites I have to click the Login button or otherwise navigate to the login window manually and then I can fill in the form with quickfill. I think it is a website security measure to defeat auto-logins.

I too have had problems with home depot. I don't think I've ever had success with it.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 pm 
Advanced Member

Both of the sites that I'm having trouble with (Home Depot and Capital One) worked just fine with the old SB "AutoLogin" feature. They were on my Autologin list, and I used them all the time.

That would suggest that it isn't a site security issue to defeat Auto Logins. Is there any way to examine the way the old "Autologin" handled these sites, compared to how the new "Quickfill" is doing it? Developers?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 am 
Advanced Member

Now can't even "manually" access Home Depot credit account page at all! I get a new address in the address bar off both SB and I.E. that says: https://www. accountonline.com/cards/wv/genericException.jsp
(added space after w's so not a live link)

Not sure if I changed something in SB since I first posted this issue or not. Must have something to do with Javascript, I think.

As to my other uncooperative QuickFill log in (capitol one bank), it works ok with RoboForm, so it's not a site security issue to prevent autofills. So now I'm trying to use RoboForm for HomeDepot, but can't even access the sign in page!

BTW-works ok in Firefox

Edit: Ok, all QuickFills working now, even Home Depot. Not sure what did the trick, but I reset all of I.E.'s Security and Privacy settings to "Default". Also, I re-enabled "Java content in browser" in the Java control panel. I had unchecked that some weeks ago when there was quite a bit in the news that it was vulnernable. I'm assuming by now that the updates have maybe corrected things, but not sure.