Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 am 

I'm new to Slimbrowser. I couln't get relevant information on LastPass full toolbar integration.

(Neither for integration of the LastPass icon only, which is not browser dependent.)

The funny thing is that LastPass already shows (some or complete) integrated functionality. That's probably because the option is already enabled (checked) in the menu : View > Toolbars > Internet Explorer Toolbars > LastPass toolbar

The Roboform full Toolbar (v.6) is however visible and it works likewise with IE8 or Avantbrowser.

From experience (with Firefox) I know that both toolbars and programs do not conflict with each other.

How do I make LastPass visible ? (at least the icon if not the whole toolbar)

Thank you

Edit : My LastPass "Vault" is visible for less than a second, but is followed immidiately by a message window, asking to enable LastPass in ..... Internet Explorer ! (which condition I must check, but I think I did this already before)

Edit #2 : I managed to make appear the full Toolbar (by renewing settings in IE8).
Still the page "MyVault will not appear on screen. The error message comes as in attached picture.

Attachments:
File comment: This error message appears when MyVault should appear
2013-06-12_17h18_38.png
2013-06-12_17h18_38.png [ 79.48 KiB | Viewed 3032 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm 
Advanced Member

I'm looking at LastPass and If I find something that may help I'll post it.

However, I do want to point out that one of the more useful longstanding features of Slimbrowser is the QuickFill ability (in previous version it was called AutoLogin) which collects your login id and passwords for each login page that you visit and will input them for you. The collection is done ONLY at your request.

One newish feature, when it was changed to QuickFill, is the implementation of "identities" which are saved forms that can be used for your daily standard unchanging login and password as well as other form fill needs such as address and telephone. The Identities can completely replace the single login/password capture but many users still prefer to take care of them separately.

And you can have as many of the identities as you might need. So if you have two or three typical login/password combinations that you put to use you can simply create an identity for each one. Then if you do change your password you can just change it in that identity and you'll be set for using it again as needed with the various login pages that you used that login and password with.

The point to all that is you don't really need LastPass with Slimbrowser, except that I do understand you've probably invested significant time into using LastPass and have grown attached to it. Despite that I encourage you to try out the Quickfill feature. I must say that the SAVE feature for Quickfill is slightly awkward when it comes to using folders but a little messing around and you should be able to figure out how it is done.

Comment: I can see how LastPass cloud storage of your login/passwords is useful. That is a step above Slimbrowser QuidkFill.

Last edited by oftentired on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
added comment

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm 
Advanced Member

OK

I installed the free LastPass.
After installation I ran Internet Explorer and enabled the addonn

Then I ran Slimbrowser and navigated to View:Toolbars:Internet Explorer Toolbars:LastPass Toolbar and clicked "LastPass Toolbar" to turn it on.

I noticed LastPass was not fully displayed so I exited Slimbrowser.
Just for fun I ran IE one more time navigated to a login page and then exited IE.
Then I opened Slimbrowser and the LastPass toolbar was there and working OK. When I navigated the browser to a login page LastPass was there to ask me to add a login or never ask again.

ONE Thing I did which I'm not sure is necessary but probably doesn't cause Slimbrowser any pain. I changed the default installation folder for LastPass. I installed LastPass to a LastPass folder below the Toolbar folder of the Slimbrowser installation. I install programs on my drive E so the location for this folder on my box is.

E:\Program Files (x86)\SlimBrowser\toolbars\lastpass

One result of doing this is that LastPass will show up as both a Slimbrowser Toolbar and an I.E. toolbar. You interact with it from the I.E. toolbar menu not the Slimbrowser toolbar menu.

I'm not sure LastPass has full functionality in Slimbrowser but it did show up with the toolbar and then the drop down on a login page.

I also made some installation choices that may or may not have affected the installation and ability to interact with Slimbrowser. I captured the installation choices. See the picture.

Attachments:
install.png
install.png [ 36.17 KiB | Viewed 3024 times ]

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 am 

Thank you ! I see why you are oftentired investing so much effort to investigate and to inform forum users.
But maybe some Las Vegas nights are involded asw well ? :lol:

At this point (as a mentioned) the main topic question was already solved. The LastPass full toolbar is made visible in my Slimbrowser. However the "My Vault" webpage (which is listing all the logins/websites/filleforms) still apppears for only less than a second and then is redirected to that error message.

Maybe the LastPass plugin is not fully comptible with Slimbrowser ? (as users are warned by Slimbrowser itself, wich then recommends to disable such IE plugin)

So I opened IE again to check if LastPass works ok ; which it does indeed using IE
(Win-XP is limited to IE version 8 ; I wonder if that's related to the issue but I doubt it)

Now that you have LastPass installed, maybe you can check wether your own "Vault" webpage appears on screen, without error message referring to IE settings ?

Thank you

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:32 pm 
Advanced Member

OK

the last pass vault is located on the Local Computer and it has a feature that does not allow it to be displayed (I would guess accessed) in a window that is not the Browser you specifically installed the program to work with and enabled the plugin to work with as well. This is a security feature I'm sure.

Slimbrowser does not identify itself as an authorized browser when queried which means LastPass won't display the local vault. The solution is not within my grasp.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:46 pm 
Advanced Member

Lastpass support sent an email. I copy it here

On 6/17/2013 1:02 PM, Amber Gott wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, we may be able to support it with bookmarklets: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/features/bookmarklets/ but we currently only support stable releases of the five major browsers at this time.

> Let us know if we can be of further help.
> Best,
> Amber
>
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM, [email address deleted] <[email address deleted]> wrote:
>
> The Local Vault does not recognize Slimbrowser as an authorised browser so the vault will not display. Slimbrowser is a GUI replacement for IE but does not identy itself as IE.
>
>
>
> --
> Amber Gott
> Marketing & Community Outreach
> www.lastpass.com | www.xmarks.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:26 am 

Dear oftentired. Thank you for your valuable time and efforts.

If I understand Lastpass is currently not compatible for use in Slimbrowser.

During last months I suffered a latent "known issue" with Firefox (they were not able to clear their problem for many years and I guess they never will. However by uninstalling (completely with the option 'leftovers' with Revo) FF that problem disappears (for a while I guess)

That is however is not your concern. I bring it forward only to make my point : "There is no software without bugs"

Another interesting browser, AvantBrowser, has also fantastic features but also suffers perpetuously new problems or never ending problems (like the "ybrowser" issue)

I thank you for the good advice and suggestions regarding Slimbrowser's features. But as you understood that I run LastPass after investing after some efforts to my settings.
I don't want to quit this application (which by the way receives very good appriciations) in favor of using Slimbrowser.

If the current problem becomes cleared, please remember this topic and give me a sign.
Thank you again.

oftentired wrote:
Lastpass support sent an email. I copy it here

On 6/17/2013 1:02 PM, Amber Gott wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, we may be able to support it with bookmarklets: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/features/bookmarklets/ but we currently only support stable releases of the five major browsers at this time.

> Let us know if we can be of further help.
> Best,
> Amber
>
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM, [email address deleted] <[email address deleted]> wrote:
>
> The Local Vault does not recognize Slimbrowser as an authorised browser so the vault will not display. Slimbrowser is a GUI replacement for IE but does not identy itself as IE.
>
>
>
> --
> Amber Gott
> Marketing & Community Outreach
> http://www.lastpass.com | http://www.xmarks.com