Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:30 pm 
Advanced Member

Bug: in gmail, when you click "attach a file" button and select a file to attach, nothing happens and the file is not attached. If you clear the cache, the uploading will work for the session. But it will fail again after restarting slimbrowser.

Workaround: click the "Settings" link to reach the settings page, turn on the option "basic attachment features", click "save changes".

Cause:

The possible cause is that newest version of gmail uses adobe flash to display the uploading progress of attachment files. Somehow some features of adobe flash player don't work well inside SlimBrowser, which causes the failure of the attachment uploading. This might be due to some security strictions of flash running inside SlimBrowser. Any ideas leading to the solution of this bug will be appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 am 

Yes, just discovered this "feature". :-(
Switched to IE7 and all was well.
Hope it gets fixed rsn. Sadly, I've no idea as how to fix it.

Robin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 am 

I also have the same problem in yahoo mail. when i click the paperclip for an attachmen I get the popup window to look for a file choose file window goes away and nothing happens. I switch over to chrome and all goes well so not a problem with computer. I dont remember what else it was that i noticed a problem with but something else is problematic. I have been useing SB as my go to and only browser for about 10 years now but it aint what it use to be. What happened?

The problems I have had didn't happen untill last year sometime do you think I can just uninstall and get an older version from like 2 yrs. ago to aleiviate the problems?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 am 
Advanced Member

Attachments do work with AOL mail, although after sending it, the 'Sending' icon just stays there, and when going back to the Inbox, it says the email might not have been sent - which is a bit disconcerting! So there does seem to be some issues with attachments.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 pm 
Advanced Member

I just checked again. The gmail attachment issue no longer applies to the current release of SlimBrowser.

flashpeak wrote:
Bug: in gmail, when you click "attach a file" button and select a file to attach, nothing happens and the file is not attached. If you clear the cache, the uploading will work for the session. But it will fail again after restarting slimbrowser.

Workaround: click the "Settings" link to reach the settings page, turn on the option "basic attachment features", click "save changes".

Cause:

The possible cause is that newest version of gmail uses adobe flash to display the uploading progress of attachment files. Somehow some features of adobe flash player don't work well inside SlimBrowser, which causes the failure of the attachment uploading. This might be due to some security strictions of flash running inside SlimBrowser. Any ideas leading to the solution of this bug will be appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 pm 
Advanced Member

I just tried the same thing in Yahoo email. I can attach file without any issue. Please paste your configuration information here for debugging purpose.

kevinlt69 wrote:
I also have the same problem in yahoo mail. when i click the paperclip for an attachmen I get the popup window to look for a file choose file window goes away and nothing happens. I switch over to chrome and all goes well so not a problem with computer. I dont remember what else it was that i noticed a problem with but something else is problematic. I have been useing SB as my go to and only browser for about 10 years now but it aint what it use to be. What happened?

The problems I have had didn't happen untill last year sometime do you think I can just uninstall and get an older version from like 2 yrs. ago to aleiviate the problems?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm 
Advanced Member

I tried the same thing. It does say that. But the email is actually sent successfully.
scribe_uk wrote:
Attachments do work with AOL mail, although after sending it, the 'Sending' icon just stays there, and when going back to the Inbox, it says the email might not have been sent - which is a bit disconcerting! So there does seem to be some issues with attachments.