Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 am 
Advanced Member

The new Tab style has a rather difficult visibility for the active tab. There is a neglibile difference between the active tab and the rest. Can you please grey out the background tab making the active tab white and more visible and also slightly increase the size(height) of the active tab.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 am 
Advanced Member

I think it may be helpful to indicate which version of windows your running and if you are using a Skin or that you are using the default skin.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:36 am 
Advanced Member

I'm using windows 7 ultimate x86 and the skin is disabled.

See the screenshot below:

Now you can see the forum tab is active, but it doesn't have much difference compared to the other tab. It's fine with 3 or 4 tabs, but when i have 7 to 8 tabs open it difficult to immediately recognise the active tab and it becomes more difficult when more than 10 tabs are open with multiline mode.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:45 am 
Advanced Member

Take a look at another screenshot, there's hardly any difference betwen the active tab and the rest of the tabs.

I just checked that if the default skin "slimblue" is enabled then the active tab is white while the rest are blue which is perfect, but i have been used to not using the skin for past 3 years and its just not what i want to go back to again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 pm 

Ive been using the button style tabs for years because I like the way it looks,so why do away with this little tiny option,,its not broke and it doesn't hurt anybody..If you want to work on styling,Ive been asking you guys for years to add some kind of darker wallpaper color on the "new tabs page" because thats the first thing I look at when I startup Slimbrowser.The bright white backround behind the thumbs is a killer.And I shouldnt have to change the html/newtab colors manually to get a dark backround..And please put the tab buttons back they are unique and look very nice with your fine browser,this new tab style looks unrefined to me..And while Im at it,,everytime I download a new updated version I have to delete the "barback" in the slimbrowser/images folder,it is NOT needed and it does not make the toolbar color look any better..Anyway,,Thanks so much for Slimbrowser its given me many years of browsing pleasure,,and even though there are newer faster webkits out there Flashpeak's Slimbrowser is still the most reliable and stable browser in all of my computers...;)~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 am 
Advanced Member

Came across a new problem in multiline mode.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 pm 
Advanced Member

oh please oh please thy slimbrowser people. please put back the old tab bar back. getting back the revamped button style didnt help at all. got used to tab style in few days but the latest build automatically disables multiline mode :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm 

I agree with icorm,,but this is really trivial,,the old push button needs to be put back..This new button is better then the tab style button but I dont like either one of them..I wont uninstall Slimbrowser if you decide not to change them back.Also I dont like the minimum width of 80 pixel tab width with less customozation..I do like the fact that I can move everything onto one toolbar including the (mini menu button) which drastically opens up window size..There is not another browser out there that you can do that with and Ive tried most all of them..Im hoping someday Ill be able to customize everything into one toobar in Slimboat also.I said it before and Ill say it again,If you want to improve the look of Slimbrowser PLEASE get rid of the bright white wallpaper on the new tabs page,,I open Slimbrowser to the new tabs page on all of my computers..Ive changed it myself as per your instructions to a darker color and it helped alot,,BUT it needs to be refined as only you guys can do..Anyway THANKS for all you do to keep old Slimbrowser updated and working properly..Its come a long way,,its a workhorse and a fine browser...;)~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 pm 

RappinRod wrote:
I agree with icorm,,but this is really trivial,,the old push button needs to be put back..This new button is better then the tab style button but I dont like either one of them..I wont uninstall Slimbrowser if you decide not to change them back.Also I dont like the minimum width of 80 pixel tab width with less customozation..I do like the fact that I can move everything onto one toolbar including the (mini menu button) which drastically opens up window size..There is not another browser out there that you can do that with and Ive tried most all of them..Im hoping someday Ill be able to customize everything into one toobar in Slimboat also.I said it before and Ill say it again,If you want to improve the look of Slimbrowser PLEASE get rid of the bright white wallpaper on the new tabs page,,I open Slimbrowser to the new tabs page on all of my computers..Ive changed it myself as per your instructions to a darker color and it helped alot,,BUT it needs to be refined as only you guys can do..Anyway THANKS for all you do to keep old Slimbrowser updated and working properly..Its come a long way,,its a workhorse and a fine browser...;)~

Hi There,Hi That is great, That is awesome information, i was also looking for this.Ive been asking you guys for years to add some kind of darker wallpaper color on the "new tabs page" because thats the first thing I look at when I startup Slimbrowser.The bright white backround behind the thumbs is a killer.And I shouldnt have to change the html/newtab colors manually to get a dark backround..And please put the tab buttons back they are unique and look very nice with your fine browser,this new tab style looks unrefined to me.
Regards