Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Right Click and New Tab
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm 

I just installed the newest version of SlimBrowser, and I've got a question about new tabs. When I'm viewing a site with various links, I always open a link by right clicking on it to bring up the menu that says "Open in New Window". This has always opened the link in a new tab, so I might have 2 or 3 open tabs across the tab bar that I can switch between. Now, when I right click on a link and click on "Open in New Window", I'm getting a new tab or window across the windows taskbar and nothing in the tab bar. When I click normally on a link, it just brings up the new page in the same tab. After closing the browser, I have to close each tab across the taskbar individually. I'd rather not have a whole row of things across my taskbar, so how can I fix this or what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:04 pm 
Advanced Member

Right click context menu "Open in New Window" has for many version of SB always opened a link in a brand new second (third, fourth...) instance of SB.

Right click context menu "Open in New Tab" will open a link in a new tab within the same instance of SB as the link you clicked.

If you want to just left click a link and have it open in a new tab try holding down the Shift key while you click the link.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:52 pm 

Thanks for replying. When I right click on a link, the only options I have for opening anything are "Open" and "Open in New Window". Since upgrading to the newest SlimBrowser version, I no longer have an option to "Open in New Tab". Left clicking on a link while pressing Shift works as you suggested, but I'm so used to right clicking and having the option of opening in a new tab that it's going to be hard to get used to. Is this just a quirk of some kind, or has this option simply disappeared? If so, can we please have it back? Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:23 pm 
Advanced Member

please do this

completely uninstall Slimbrowser, restart your system, reinstall, restart one more time

then use the browser as normal and see what the context menu's display

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm 

Thanks for your suggestion. I followed your directions, but I still don't have the "Open in NewTab" option in my right click context menu. It's completely disappeared and I sure miss it, but all the other options are still there. Have you heard of this from anyone else after upgrading to version 7.00.004, and do you have any other thoughts on what I might do to fix this? Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am 
Advanced Member

something has gone FUBAR with your right click context menu

I can tell you the next steps I would take to correct this problem on my box.

1. Uninstall Slimbrowser 7.xx and restart and install the last Slimbrowser 6.xx and restart
no joy?
do it again this time come forward again to the latest 7.xx
no joy?

2. Download and Install Revo Uninstaller 1.94 and then uninstall Slimbrowser with it instead of the native windows add remove. After the uninstall install whichever version of Slimbrowser you wish. Keep doing the annoying restarts in between actions too.
no joy?

3. Download and install FileMenu-Tools and use the program to clean up the right click context menu entries. Before using this program I would uninstall Slimbrowser and after a restart look to see if there are any entries remaining associated with Slimbrowser and remove them completely with the FileMenu Tool. After a restart install 7.xx and try it out
no joy?

4. If the File Menu Tools is not to your liking check out the other ones available which are reviewed on this webpage clean-right-click-menu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:09 pm 

IT'S FIXED! I hadn't had time for my computer in the last couple of days, so when I turned it on today and opened up SlimBrowser, I saw there was a new version available. I installed it and the "Open in New Tab" option was there in my right click menu again! This must have been a quirk in the first versions of number 7. I really missed it and am so glad it's back! Thanks again!