Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:25 am 
Advanced Member

Thanks once again for the info. However there is something that I do not understand. You said in your last message that part of the problem is a failure of Incredimail to register the MAILTO Protocol and set itself as the MAILTO program. This is where I am lost! I am wondering if the problem is with Slimbrowser because if I use Maxthon Cloud browser, everything is OK. But, as I have already stated, I did not have a problem with Windows 7 Home when I also used Slimbrowser. So could it be Windows Professional and/or Slimbrowser?
I await you valued comments.
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 am 
Advanced Member

PROBLEM SOLVED.
I was thinking about the problem and I wondered what would happen if I used the MS mail. I then discovered that I needed to have Microsoft Essentials installed. (Why it never came already installed I just don't understand.) So I just installed the email program and to my delight all is now OK!!!
Thanks for all your help.
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am 
Advanced Member

Basically same solution different email program. The protocol was missing and incredimail would not correct that. Another email type program needed to be installed to correct it without actual hands on registry editing.

Windows essentials recognized that incredimail was default mail program and set it. I'll have to remember that if this ever comes up again.

The only thing Slimbrowser could do differently would be to check that the MAILTO protocol was present and set it to the correct default email program.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 pm 
Advanced Member

I think that I may have not made myself quite clear. It was Incredimail that was the problem but after installing the MS mail program Incredimail works fine. I have tried it on pages with Mailto email addresses and yes it is OK.
Once again thanks for all your help.
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:31 pm 
Advanced Member

I understand you perfectly fine. I am not making myself clear. But as you said, problem solved.