Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 pm 

Hard Drive crashed.

I can access all of the files on the crashed drive

I have new 1T drive. Where do I go in the old hard drive to be able to get my favorites and links and bring them over to SB that I have downloaded to the new 1t Drive? Crashed Drive is totally accessible, just can't get WIN 8 to run.

Thanks.

Jaime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 pm 
Advanced Member

I'm assuming that your running SB on your system now that is currently running the same operating system (WIN 8 ) as the crashed hard drive was running.

Open Slimbrowser and click Tools

click Folder Shortcuts

click the various folder locations that interest you for retrieving the data, those same folder locations will be where you find the data on the old drive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:37 am 

ok, I found the favorites in the old drive and it has all of the FOLDERS that I had created in SB in the drive that crashed. I have close to 100 folders. How can I bring the FOLDERS all in one import into the SB that I have in the NEW Drive?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:43 am 
Advanced Member

I've not messed with Win 8 but I do think the folders are located under your User name. You should be able to use copy paste to move the all the data you want from the old drive to the new drive. Use the folder locations shown by Slimbrowser for where you copy to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:59 pm 

THANKS FOR THE response

I am very much of a novice

How do I find the folder locations shown by Slimbrowser ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:53 am 
Advanced Member

ok

run slimbrowser
click Tools : Folder shortcuts : Favorites

this opens a new tab which shows the folder where your favorites need to be copied

you can navigate to the location on the "old" drive where your favorites are at and copy paste them to the "new" favorites location shown in the slimbrowser tab

if you want to move any Groups or Autofill from the "old" drive do this

click Tools : Folder shortcuts : Slimbrowser Data Folder

this opens a folder on your "new" hard drive where you can see folders including Groups and Forms which would contain any Groups or autoform fills data. You can copy everything from the "old" location to the "new" location.

If your looking at a folder filled with things to copy and your unsure what to do then do this

first you must tell the computer you want to do something with the things in the folder
in the folder you want to COPY FROM
press Ctrl key and then left click one item in the folder

next if you only want to copy one or a few things but not everything
press and hold down Ctrl and then left click each thing you wish to copy

next if you want to copy everything you will want to tell the computer you want to do something with everything in the COPY FROM folder
press Ctrl + A to highlight everything in the folder

next if you discover you have highlighted something you did not want highlighted
press and hold down Ctrl and then left click each thing that you did not want highlighted

next you will want to make it possible to copy all of these things highlighted
press Ctrl + C to copy everything in the COPY FROM folder to the windows "clipboard"

next you will need to tell the computer that you wish to copy these things to another location
in the folder you want to COPY TO
click the white space anywhere in the folder to make this folder the focus of your computer actions, if a folder becomes highlighted when you do this press Ctrl and click that highlighted folder again to un-highlight it

next you will want to tell the computer to perform the copy action
press Ctrl + V to copy everything you have in the windows "clipboard" to the location which is the focus of your computer action

if you make use of Slimbrowser to find and then copy to the Data Folder for Slimbrowser when it is completely done with the copy action you should close Slimbrowser and restart it for the new data to become put to use