Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Scrolling
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:36 pm 

I have Slimboat installed on Mac 10.8.3 Whenever I try to scroll, scrolling continues without stopping and I need to wait until the scrolling settles in order to use the web page.

Is this an issue or a setting that I may have incorrect. I have tried the mouse settings in preferences etc but this makes no difference. I am using the trackpad on my MacPro.

At present, I really cannot use Slimboat, which is a pity.

Post subject: Re: Scrolling
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm 
Advanced Member

We do experience slower scrolling performance in SlimBoat under Mac compared with other platforms. We don't have a very good solution for it at the moment. But it doesn't seem as bad as what you have described, though.

Post subject: Re: Scrolling
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 am 

I have the same issue as that of the original poster. It is not an issue of slow scrolling. That would be tolerable. The issue is that when I try to scroll using the two-finger scroll gesture on my Mac (OS 10.8.5; SlimBoat v1.1.45), the page continues scrolling after I finish the scrolling gesture. This is not an issue of slowness. This is non-standard scrolling behavior for a Mac app.

The result is that trying to scroll to a specific part of a page becomes an annoying game: SlimBoat scrolls too far in one direction, then too far in the other direction. The page should not be moving if my fingers are not on the trackpad. Dragging the scroll bar on the side of the window does not have the same issue, but it is an inconvenient way to have to scroll pages.