Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm 

I am running a version 1.1.42 of SlimBoat on Mac OSX 10.6.8 and have been happy using it for about a month. Today I selected Full Screen from the menu and got a really complete full screen: no menu bar and no Mac tray. I was able to use Mac function keys to get my tray back but I was still stuck in slimboat's menuless full screen. ESC, the obvious choice, had no effect. CMD- Ctrl- various function keys did not do a thing. Then, I moused about and found that mouse up off the top of the screen brought back SB's menu. Hurray! But no. The View Menu shows Full Screen is not checked. So I can't un-check it. I click it anyway. Nothing. I carefully read all other menu options and run through all the Preference settings to see if anything applies. None that I could see.

I finally used Mac's CMD Q to close Slimboat entirely but even this did not solve the problem because the wretched program REMEMBERS that it was in full screen mode last time and opens in full screen again without asking if I want to restore.

So, I went to slimboat's help page to look up keyboard shortcuts. None of them worked. None had any discernable effect at all. Perhaps they work on Windows. Beginning to think that, hey, FireFox is not such a bad browser if you disable most of the new features.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 pm 
Advanced Member

The developers are not super happy with Slimboat either.

Watch for Slimjet, based on the Chromium code, to be released early in the first quarter of 2014.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:06 am 

Ah, yes, Slimjet - may it remain slim whatever its name. Something to look forward to.

In the meantime, because I am stubborn and I hate it when the machine wins, I dragged Slimboat to the trash, downloaded and installed 1.1.43. It opened with the horrible default link ads in un-escable Full Screen View. Sigh. So I used one of Slimboat's nicest features, Help/Configuration Information to see where all the bits and pieces of Slimboat are stored. Trashed those along with the Slimboat app, reinstalled Slimboat, imported bookmarks, reset all my preferences, and I'm up and running again.

So, solved, sort of. Obviously, if I went to this much trouble, I like the product. I mainly posted so much detail about my Full Screen Adventure to help others who may fall into the same trap, not to be crabby.

Keep on keeping on, developers and thanks for responding!