Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:50 am 

I hate this app ;

That's the third time I start writing a post and because I typed a wrong key, I don't know which, I have lost the whole message, no way to recover what I had already written and had to start all over again ...

Will use the e_mail, sorry

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:03 am 
Advanced Member

This is fairly common complaint and happens on every forum I've ever used, I have seen many similar complaints from a wide variety of forums.

The best solution is to move your typing over to a local computer program such as notepad, wordpad, office writing program, etc... and complete all your typing there. Then copy paste the final product to the forum your wanting to post in where you can make some final adjustments and ad attachments etc.. That way if your post becomes lost for any reason you can go back to the local computer program and copy paste again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:17 am 

The search feature is particularly useless. It seems like it is just too lazy to do any work so it just claims that your search terms are too generic. I've never had a search return any results in this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am 

Search is not useful. It has been set to ignore words of less than 6 characters. That excludes words like: mail, error, hang, page, crash, and so on, many of which might commonly be searched for in a software forum. The search criteria in phpbb can be set by the administrator. Evidently it has not yet been done.

Admins: please put this on your todo list! THX.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 am 

PeterPan wrote:
I hate this app ;

That's the third time I start writing a post and because I typed a wrong key, I don't know which, I have lost the whole message, no way to recover what I had already written and had to start all over again ...

Will use the e_mail, sorry

Peter

When composing a detailed post to a forum, I use the [Save Draft] button frequently. It saves a lot of grief and is much more convenient and practical than composing the whole thing in a word processor and then cutting and pasting, as another user suggested. No-one wants to do that, nor should they have to.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:03 am 

That excludes words like: mail, error, hang, page, crash, and so on, many of which might commonly be searched for in a software forum. The search criteria in phpbb can be set by the administrator. Evidently it has not yet been done.

Try out our brain dumps prep material which includes latest 312-50 braindumps and Brigham Young University Idaho practice exam so you will pass real exam on first try.More details available on Youtube or see main website Facebook .