SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Known issues, outstanding bugs and available workarounds

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

Post Reply
flashpeak
Advanced Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:26 pm

SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Post by flashpeak » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:29 pm

If you have configured SlimBrowser to use IE8 rendering mode, SlimBrowser might crash under Winxp when you view some improperly coded web pages (e.g., missing html tags). An example website is http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/spawnpro . If you view the same website in IE, IE will automatically switch into compatibility view to display the page. However, such switching attempt would result in access violation in the case of SlimBrowser or any other browsers based on Microsoft trident engine.

On Windows 7, the situation is a little better. It doesn't crash but the tab view will attempt to display the web page first and then become completely blank after that.

If you run into such websites, you are recommended to view it in IE7 mode. To change the rendering mode, go to tools:options:misc, toggle the option "Enable IE8 rendering mode.".
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Support
Email: support AT flashpeak.com

johnb262
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Post by johnb262 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi`

I am continuously crashing. I have not noticed what the pages are when it crashes. I looked under tools, options, ect. Ther is not anything there for me to choose a rendering mode. When it crashes I get the message "Slimbrowser is about to crash due to an exception.A dump file will be generated in the application data file". I have looked and there is nothing in the data file. I have used Slimbrowser for many years and would hate to have to change browsers if I cannot get this repaired. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thank You,
John

Anturako
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:41 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Post by Anturako » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:43 am

This JUST started happening to me like 2 weeks ago. Didnt give it much thought at the time. But EVERY time I go to http://www.tomshardware.com
by browser locks up and I get a msg that "a script on the page is causing internet explorer to.." Freeze and force a restart of IE. Never had an issue with their site before. I tried to disable the script but froze before I could. Anyone have a clue what this may be attributed to? I know I can always just "not go there", but since it naver happened before, I want to know WHY now, ya know??

oftentired
Advanced Member
Posts: 910
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:39 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Post by oftentired » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 am

Anturako wrote:This JUST started happening to me like 2 weeks ago. Didnt give it much thought at the time. But EVERY time I go to http://www.tomshardware.com
by browser locks up and I get a msg that "a script on the page is causing internet explorer to.." Freeze and force a restart of IE. Never had an issue with their site before. I tried to disable the script but froze before I could. Anyone have a clue what this may be attributed to? I know I can always just "not go there", but since it naver happened before, I want to know WHY now, ya know??
Check Tools > Options > Advanced and see if you have a checkmark for Suppress Script Errors. If no checkmark go ahead and click it to check mark the selection and click OK to exit Options and see if the problem continues.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

knullass
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 6:16 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Post by knullass » Sat May 11, 2013 6:20 am

SlimBrowser used to crash in the past but the latest version made it very stable, I am very happy with it!

Pitkoncon
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:56 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certa

Post by Pitkoncon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:00 am

Slim Browser sounds fine but I can't try it, since it ALWAYS crashes when I double click on its exe file. I noticed other people are having the same problem and I can't tell which IE codes or other stuff I am using since I can't RUN Slim Browser. I use XP SP2. Any suggestions? Thanks!

oftentired
Advanced Member
Posts: 910
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:39 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certa

Post by oftentired » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 am

Pitkoncon wrote:Slim Browser sounds fine but I can't try it, since it ALWAYS crashes when I double click on its exe file. I noticed other people are having the same problem and I can't tell which IE codes or other stuff I am using since I can't RUN Slim Browser. I use XP SP2. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Using Internet Options accesible from your Start Menu, just type in "internet options", set the tab to open on startup to About:Blank, then see if SB crashes on startup or not.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Pitkoncon
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:56 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certa

Post by Pitkoncon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

oftentired wrote:
Pitkoncon wrote:Slim Browser sounds fine but I can't try it, since it ALWAYS crashes when I double click on its exe file. I noticed other people are having the same problem and I can't tell which IE codes or other stuff I am using since I can't RUN Slim Browser. I use XP SP2. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Using Internet Options accesible from your Start Menu, just type in "internet options", set the tab to open on startup to About:Blank, then see if SB crashes on startup or not.
Did that, crashed again. Had to cold reboot... :( Thanks for the tip, anyway...

nordnord
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certa

Post by nordnord » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 am

flashpeak wrote:If you have configured SlimBrowser to use IE8 rendering mode, SlimBrowser might crash under Winxp when you view some improperly coded web pages (e.g., missing html tags). An example website is http://addons.eventscripts.com/addons/view/spawnpro . If you view the same website in IE, IE will automatically switch into compatibility view to display the page. However, such switching attempt would result in access violation in the case of SlimBrowser or any other browsers based on Microsoft trident engine.

On Windows 7, the situation is a little better. It doesn't crash but the tab view will attempt to display the web page first and then become completely blank after that.

If you run into such websites, you are recommended to view it in IE7 mode. To change the rendering mode, go to tools:options:misc, toggle the option "Enable IE8 rendering mode.".
Under XP, I have seen few issues with IE8 mode, but with yesterday's announcement of a zero day exploit, I am hesitating to use SlimBrowser at all in IE8 mode. Is there a workaround? Tks and sorry for interrupting the thread.

vron1212
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:19 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certa

Post by vron1212 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:22 am

"Slimbrowser is about to crash due to an exception.A dump file will be generated in the application data file". I have looked and there is nothing in the data file. I have used Slimbrowser for many years and would hate to have to change browsers if I cannot get this repaired. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

WATEREUREKA
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 1:39 am

Re: SlimBrowser not not showing whether

Post by WATEREUREKA » Sat May 19, 2018 2:01 am

SlimBrowser not not showing whether

deniseavery2018
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 am

Re: SlimBrowser crash under Windows XP in IE8 mode for certain s

Post by deniseavery2018 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:24 am

Instead of finding blame with teachers and administration that students buy essay how about holding the families and students accountable? A school can only do so much.

legitdocs
Advanced Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 am

Whatsapp: +1260-786-6671) Purchase REAL REGISTERED and FAKE UNREGISTERED Passports,Id Cards(pvc), Driver Licenses, Visa

Post by legitdocs » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 am

Whatsapp: +1260-786-6671) Purchase REAL REGISTERED and FAKE UNREGISTERED Passports,Id Cards(pvc), Driver Licenses, Visas, Resident Permit Cards, Green Cards, Passport Cards, Marijuana Cards, Check Counterfeiting(Check Washing), DBR forms, CRB checks(standard, enhanced and enhanced with list checks),Certified Management Accountant(CMA), Certified Meeting Professional(CMD),Certified Medical Dosimeter, Birth Certificates and many other documents both REAL and FAKE.

Buy College degrees,School Certificates such as IELTS, TOEFL, ESOL and all Other English/French Language Certificates,Training Certificates, Attestations, Private Cards, Student Cards, Diplomas, SSN, Marriage Certificates, Credit Cards, Counterfeit Money, Clear Criminal Records And Many Other Documents For Sale Certificates like IELTS, GRE, NEBOSH, TOEFL, TOEIC, CaMLA, EFSET, ECCE, ECPE, MELAB, MTELP, ESOL Test of Proficiency in Korean Korean Language Proficiency Test, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK), CNaVT, NT2, DELF, DALF, TNF, Deutsches Sprachdiplom Stufe I and II , TestDaf, NTD, CELI, CILS, PLIDA, Certificate Examinations in Polish as a Foreign Language, DELE, CELU, CELPE-Bras, CAPLE, TORFL, JLPT and NNS and The European Language Certificates (TELC),


ALL INQUIRIES


-Contact email: [email protected]

-General support: [email protected]

-Call us on:+1 260-786-6671

-Whats-app: +1 260-786-6671

-Skype id: jamesdelmarcuz

-Website: https://legitdocumentsproducers.site123.me/

-Website: https://legitdocumentsproducers.site123.me/services

-Website: https://legitdocumentsproducers.site123.me/contact



Buy genuine Training Certificates M GCSE,A-levels,High School Diplomas,Certificates,GMAT,MCAT and LSAT Examination Certificates,School Degrees all in an entirely new name issued and registered in the government's database system. We produce certificates for various language test world wide, including the ;
English : IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, CaMLA, EFSET, ECCE, ECPE, MELAB, MTELP and ESOL
Korean : Test of Proficiency in Korean Korean Language Proficiency Test
Chinese : Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK)
Dutch : CNaVT and NT2
French : DELF, DALF and TNF
German : Deutsches Sprachdiplom Stufe I and II , TestDaf and NTD
Italian : CELI, CILS and PLIDA
Polish : Certificate Examinations in Polish as a Foreign Language
Spanish : DELE and CELU
Portuguese : CELPE-Bras and CAPLE
Russian :TORFL and ????
Japanese :JLPT and NNS
The European Language Certificates (TELC)
Our Company Has Years of Experience in the Production of Fake/Real Passports,Visas,Id Cards(in pvc),Driving Licenses And Other Identity Documents.We Use The Same Equipment And High-Quality Materials That The Government Uses To Produce Counterfeit/Real Documents.All the Secret Features Of The Real Documents Are Carefully Reproduced By Our Unique Producers.
USA passports,Id,green cards and driver's licenses
Australian passports,Id and driver's licenses
Belgian passports,Id and driver's license
Italian passports,Id and driver's licenses
Canadian passports,Id, resident permit cards and driver's licenses
Finnish passports,Id and driver's licenses
French passports,Id and driver's licenses
German passports,Id and driver's licenses
Dutch passports,Id and driver's licenses
UK passports,Id, resident permit cards and driver's licenses
Spanish passports,Id and driver's licenses
Mexican passports,Id and driver's licenses
South African passports,Id and driver's licenses
Diplomatic passports
Passport Duplicates for sale
Novelty passports
Novelty driver's license
Novelty identity cards


NB.
1)Both a magnetic stripe and bar-code that are encoded and scan-able (scan with all card readers due to legal
restrictions).
2)A hidden image view-able under a UV black-light.
3)A repeating security image in OVD (optically variable device) ink.
4)A custom hologram lamination, instead of the generic
COUNTERFEIT BANKNOTES FOR SALE :
Fake bank notes for sale; most recent design and NEW DESIGN DOLLARS(super-note) counterfeits, and it is rare to find that level of quality in fake bills that we have,only here can you get this dream quality which makes you a millionaire overnight.
Not even an expert custom official or machine can dictate the document/money we offer as fake, since the document is indistinguishable from real government issued.

And if you are not interested and serious, please don't contact us.

Post Reply