Slimbrowser Search Shortcut

How to use SlimBrowser.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

iCORM
Advanced Member

Slimbrowser Search Shortcut

Post by iCORM » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi,

Is there a shortcut key to open Search page. I use google a lot and everytime i have to click on the magnifying glass in the toolbar or manually type in google in the address bar. Does a shortcut exist or we can manually set in Slimbrowser. Sorry if i have created a new thread but i couldnt find anything relevant.

CORM

Hans
Advanced Member

Re: Slimbrowser Search Shortcut

Post by Hans » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:32 am

If you're on a web page and wanting to Google something specific, simply highlight it, press CTRL-C to copy it, then press CTRL - SHIFT - N, which is the "Paste and Go" feature, which will use whatever Search Engine you have defined as your default.

I would rather it work by simply highlighting the text, but it appears that is not an option, though I do recall some sort of discussion about it...

iCORM
Advanced Member

Post by iCORM » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks... it does work but not exactly... the ctrl + shift + N actually opens up the default search engine, i.e. google for my case. but theres no "Paste and Go" feature as u described. The other thing is that the "N" key is to far so it makes it doesnt make it savvy. i found a more easy solution.. hope it helps others. just add whatever url/websie u want to your favorites and then right click on the site in favorites menu and select properties. and add the shortcut keys that u want. so even if slimbrowser is not open, it will automatically open when u press the windows hot keys/shortcut keys assigned. In my case i assigned ctrl + shift + Z which pop opens google from any, i mean any where on the PC. i'm not much of a tech guy but hope this helps.

if there is a better solution then plz plz let me know..

_________
Thanks,

CORM

muffinguy

Post by muffinguy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:15 am

I once added Googl to my favorites and then dragged it up to teh links toolbar, but this only seems to have worked once as I accidently deleted the favorite entry (which also deleted the link entry) and have never been able to add anything to the link toolbar again. (see my new topic entry). I have sort of solved the problem by setting goole as my home page and clickingon the home icon as a shortcut.
I tries setting google as my search engine, restes to mysearch each time I open the browser.
I'm new to slimbrowser so forgive me if I am missing something.

Cheers

grmwillis9494

Post by grmwillis9494 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 am

You've made your stand very clearly!
If you search for some basic resume template - you find it !