Printing Help

How to use SlimBrowser.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

Oldmartian

Printing Help

Post by Oldmartian » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:29 pm

SB 5.00 Build 123
When I print a page to my printers the type is so small as to be barely readable. Changing the text size (View Text) size only changes part of the browser display of pages but the print generally stays the same - tiny. I say "generally" because different sites seem to follow their own rules. I've been using Slimbrowers for MANY years but it only seem that the latest version/build displays this problem. Zoom only affects the screen display, not the printer, of course. Is anyone else showing this problem or does anyone have a fix.

I intend of going back to an ealier version of SB if I can find one to see if that solves the problem, but I don't want the hassle if there's a bug to be fixed or if I should just re-install. I think Windows7 will keep my personal settings and that may include a setting that's causing the problem.

Any help out there?
Thanks,
Oldmartian, Ohio US

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Printing Help

Post by oftentired » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 am

I'll try to remember to print a webpage or two and see if it happens to me.

Have you noticed that v 5.00.133 is available? You might give that a try.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Oldmartian

Re: Printing Help

Post by Oldmartian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 pm

Thx for suggestion. Updated to Build 133 as you suggested -- no change. D/L'd Maxthon for something different. What a mess that lastest version is! Can't find anything. Gave up.

I found a happy medium with SlimB. I found a Zoom I liked that was big enough on screen, set it as default. Set the text size to medium. I get a reasonable print-out, but I'm afraid to change the zoom default, because that's the current suspect.
Changing zoom doesn't affect the printout -- except... If you cahnge both text size and zoom and set the zoom as "actual" I get all kinds of variation on the screen. Now the screen is too small to read but the printed page is fine. I'm going to find the sweet spot and will never change either again.

Slimbrowser is too good to give up. Browsers are going to the "funky" type layouts and it's impossible to find menu's, settings, or whatever. I don't like auto-pilot. I want to see the controls with a straight interface without having a lot of s**t thrown at me. IE went that way with each release. SB tried it with their skins, but it's easy to turn off skins in SB.

Enough said. I'm going to bed. I'll put this problem to sleep by not changing zoom or text size paraeters (after I find the sweet spot again).

Thanks again