2 Questions I can't figure out

How to use SlimBrowser.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

mrkastrin

2 Questions I can't figure out

Post by mrkastrin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:33 pm

How do you get SlimBrowser to download to the desktop so I can find programs I've downloaded?
In tools > popup blocker > enable popup blocker...how do you know when it's enabled or when you've turned it off?

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: 2 Questions I can't figure out

Post by oftentired » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:05 am

mrkastrin wrote:How do you get Slimbrowser to download to the desktop so I can find programs I've downloaded?
It can be done these instructions assume you are using the built in download manager...

Click Tools > Options > Download Manager
Look for the section labeled "Default Download Options"
Click the square with the dots in it to the right of the text box
Click the plus next to Local disk C:
Click the plus next to Documents and Settings
Click the plus next to the currently loged in in User Name
Click on the word Desktop to highlight it
Click OK
Click OK again
mrkastrin wrote:In tools > popup blocker > enable popup blocker...how do you know when it's enabled or when you've turned it off?
This appears to be a minor over site by the developers. You might want to make a new post in the Feature Requests forum to ask for a checkmark to appear or perhaps for the icon to the left to appear changed in some fashion indicating off and on.

In the meantime you can check the status of the popup blocker by looking at the Icon on the Standard Tool bar if you have that icon visible. It will appeared to be pushed in if On and have a normal appearance if Off... or you can go to Tools > Options > Popup Blocker and eyeball the check box labeled "Enable Popup Blocker" to see if it is checked for On or unchecked for Off

For future posts be aware it is appropriate to make a new topic if you have unrelated questions you want answered. This makes it easier for people to look/search for and find answers to their questions that may have already been asked and answered in the forum as they will spend less time reading posts that don't have their answer. Also be aware that the topic subject should provides some reliable indication as to what the topic is really about.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

mrkastrin

Re: 2 Questions I can't figure out

Post by mrkastrin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Many thanks for your help.