Different method for organizing favorites

How to use SlimBrowser.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

aphillips

Different method for organizing favorites

Post by aphillips » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 pm

When moving and organizing favorites, the drag and drop method can be a little tedious if you have a long list. Can this be changed to hi-lighting what you want to move, and then clicking on a move/copy button to transfer it to your choice of folder? Also, having a Web of Trust plugin specifically for SlimBrowser would be a great addition.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Different method for organizing favorites

Post by oftentired » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm

aphillips wrote:When moving and organizing favorites, the drag and drop method can be a little tedious if you have a long list. Can this be changed to hi-lighting what you want to move, and then clicking on a move/copy button to transfer it to your choice of folder?
You can already do this using two different methods.

1. click Tools > Folder Shortcuts > Favorites and work with the Favorites as a folder inside the SB rendering process
2. push Windows key on keyboard and type Favorites into the Search text area and open the Favorites folder as an Explorer window

I'm moving this topic to the Usage Questions forum. If you want to make a request for the rest of your post, which is not on topic with your subject, make a new Topic in Feature Requests for it.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

aphillips

Post by aphillips » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. Choosing Favorites from Folder Shortcuts in the Tools Menu is perfect for fast moving, copying, etc. when you have a long list to organize. There are so many great features to play with, I just didn't discover it on my own!

flashpeak
Advanced Member

Post by flashpeak » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 pm

To make it easier to find, in V6.01, we have added a menu option Favorites->More->Open Favorites Folder.
aphillips wrote:Thanks so much for your reply. Choosing Favorites from Folder Shortcuts in the Tools Menu is perfect for fast moving, copying, etc. when you have a long list to organize. There are so many great features to play with, I just didn't discover it on my own!
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Support
Email: support AT flashpeak.com

aphillips

Post by aphillips » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:09 pm

That's a nice change; it IS easier to find. Thanks so much for listening!