Open xls files

How to use SlimBrowser.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

AntoPath

Open xls files

Post by AntoPath » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:54 am

Hi all !
Is there a way to open files in native mode and not as embedded objects in the browser window ?
Thanks

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Open xls files

Post by oftentired » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:58 pm

your asking how to open an xls file that is linked online somewhere in the main spreadsheet program on your computer and not the browser?

AntoPath

Post by AntoPath » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 am

oftentired wrote:your asking how to open an xls file that is linked online somewhere in the main spreadsheet program on your computer and not the browser?
Yes ! the problem is that some complex macros, for a yet unknown reason, don't work if some xls files are opened as an embedded object in SlimBrowser.
For this reason, instead of reinstalling Firefox, I would prefer to understand how to set SlimBrowser properly.
Thank you

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 pm

If your using an "online" collaborative spreadsheet I suspect you will have better functionality from it while using Chrome or Firefox. They are superior to IE for such things and Slimbrowser uses the IE engine.

For everything else, I right click and use Save As... to download xls files to my desktop (or other useful location) and run them with the full spreadsheet application instead of the browser plugin which has limited capability. This is true for every browser.