Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:37 am 

I can't figure out a way to open 10 or more separate sessions in separate tabs without manually doing it each time. I've been opening slimbrowser and then tab by tab I use File, New, Separate Session to get the necessary number of sessions going.

I thought maybe I could get what I wanted by saving groups. I tried two methods. One was to open 10 separate sessions and save the group as is with the address simply reading "about:blank" like it does when you open a new session, but as far as I could tell it won't let me save it unless websites are active in each tab. So, I tried the same method, but just put google dot com in each tab. I was able to save the group like that, but when I restarted slimbrowser and pulled up that group, the tabs were not separate sessions.

Is there an easier way to open multiple sessions in multiple tabs easily and quickly or is this functionality not available?

Thanks much.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:32 pm 
Advanced Member

The Links folder under Favorites is a custom toolbar location. If you click View:Toolbars:Favorites Bar it will show the Links folder as a toolbar.

Using Notepad create the following file and place it in the links folder.

File Name - SS.mnit
[name may be anything you desire. File extension MUST be "mnit"]

File Content:

&File:New:Separate Session

I cannot remember if there is syntax for performing more than one menu action with a mnit file. So if you do not wish to have the Favorites Bar turned on or if you wish to avoid clicking the SS button 10 ten times you may do this.

Using Notepad create the following file and place anywhere convenient for you, you can even place it in the Links folder alongside the mnit file.

File Name - SS10.sbcm
[name may be anything you desire. File extension MUST be "sbcm"]

File Content:

[folder location of the mnit file]\ss.mnit

so as you can see the file content will have as many references to the mnit file as the number of times you wish the action to be taken.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm 

Awesome. Thanks so much. I got the SS.mnit portion of the solution working and it's saving me so much time. I really appreciate it.

But, I must be doing something wrong with the SS10.sbcm part of the solution. I did place the SS10.sbcm file next to the SS.mnit file in the Links folder. The content of the file itself is 10 instances of the following...

C:\Users\Matt\Favorites\Links\ss.mnit

Did I do that part right? It seems like it works because when I click that file on the favorites toolbar, 10 tabs open, but they aren't separate sessions for some reason. Any idea why?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:01 pm 
Advanced Member

i'm not sure

try opening one separate session with an ss.mnit click and then use the sbcm file after that