Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:52 pm 

I am thrilled that I found this browser. I have to use Internet Explorer with a site to do my job. Neither FireFox nor Chrome works with this site. SlimBrowser works with this site!

Now I am trying to tackle a printing problem. The site I use has to print to an Epson printer. The other sites that require IE have to print to a Lexmark. Replacing either printer is a non-option. Both printers have to be the Windows Default Printer to work. The Lexmark-required sites are about 90% of the daily printing, so that gets to stay the default.

I am hoping that SlimBrowser's built-in scripting can tell SlimBrowser to use a different printer all the time, and not grab the default printer.

Is this possible? The help pages mention the printer shell command, but offers no details and shell commands are outside my ken.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 am 
Advanced Member

The printer command does nothing more than opening the printers page in control panel. It wouldn't be any help to you.

JoshAtMCI wrote:
I am thrilled that I found this browser. I have to use Internet Explorer with a site to do my job. Neither FireFox nor Chrome works with this site. SlimBrowser works with this site!

Now I am trying to tackle a printing problem. The site I use has to print to an Epson printer. The other sites that require IE have to print to a Lexmark. Replacing either printer is a non-option. Both printers have to be the Windows Default Printer to work. The Lexmark-required sites are about 90% of the daily printing, so that gets to stay the default.

I am hoping that SlimBrowser's built-in scripting can tell SlimBrowser to use a different printer all the time, and not grab the default printer.

Is this possible? The help pages mention the printer shell command, but offers no details and shell commands are outside my ken.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm 

[quote="flashpeak"]The printer command does nothing more than opening the printers page in control panel. It wouldn't be any help to you.

Yupe We found this out. We also found a program that switches Widow's default printer per application, so we have solved that part of the puzzle.

Unfortunately, we are trying to print to an Epson receipt printer. It requires a specific setup. Now we're running into Internet Explorer's printing preferences overriding the page setup for Slim Browser.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 pm 
Advanced Member

You can use a batch file to click an icon and copy the preferences files over each other as needed, not a beautiful solution but it would be one click after setting it up. Could use two icons pointing at two batch files with appropriate names. And if feasible for the total process of your tasks the batch files could even request more actions in the process to streamline it somewhat. The icons could even reside on the SB favorites bar for accesibility avoiding the extra clicks/key presses for the win key and menu or desktop as much as possible.

win7+ users would make use of BatchRun from http://www.outertech.com/ since they are lacking in DOS batch capability.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson