playback issues

How to use SlimBrowser.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

fd741951

playback issues

Post by fd741951 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

how do i play videos i downloaded on slimbrowser?

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: playback issues

Post by oftentired » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Video is played by software other than Slimbrowser. In some cases a "streaming" video will play using the other software which will interact with Slimbrowser and play it in a Slimbrowser window. For example a Flash Player video that you might commonly see on a news website can typically be viewed within a browser window but Slimbrowser is not actually playing the video instead it is interacting with the program that is doing so.

If a video is not playing a likely cause of the problem is that the correct software to play the video has not been installed on the computer.

I'm pretty sure your not experiencing a problem with a flash or other browser related video player since in most cases you will be prompted to download the player when the attempt it made to play the video.

For a more specific answer you need to provide more specific information about the actual type of video and if you downloaded the entire file to play it or if your attempting to stream it and watch it while it streams with the browser.