yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

karel

Save order of tabs on exit

Post by karel » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:20 pm

When I start SlimBrowser all opened tabs (pages) are showing.
Now it is even possible to position the tabs.
But with this new feature a new request!
Please save the order of opened tabs in SB on exit.
I have so many opened tabs and reordering is quite annoying.

I hope this request is granted to make SlimBrowser even better.
Slimbrowser my no. 1 browser!

fudsey

Post by fudsey » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:16 am

Are you opening a group on start-up? You can change their order in group/organize groups.

karel

Post by karel » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:14 am

fudsey wrote:Are you opening a group on start-up? You can change their order in group/organize groups.

It's not the groups I like to order but the openened tabs. One of the latest new features of SB is reordering the tabs (drag drop), but their position is not saved. So I request this feature.

When I surf I do not close the tabs of interesting sites. I know I can save these to a group. But that is not wat I want.

When closing SB all tabs are saved, but not the order they were placed inSite Tab.

Hope this clarifies it :)

flashpeak
Advanced Member

Re: Save order of tabs on exit

Post by flashpeak » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:15 pm

I believe this feature is available in V4.08 Beta. You might want to have a try. DL link: http://www.flashpeak.com/redir.php?id=sbbeta
karel wrote:When I start SlimBrowser all opened tabs (pages) are showing.
Now it is even possible to position the tabs.
But with this new feature a new request!
Please save the order of opened tabs in SB on exit.
I have so many opened tabs and reordering is quite annoying.

I hope this request is granted to make SlimBrowser even better.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Support
Email: support AT flashpeak.com

karel

Re: Save order of tabs on exit

Post by karel » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:45 pm

Yes it work's! I'll stick to this beta!

V4.08 (under development)
Not Tested! Add full unicode support on WinNT-based systems (NT/2k/XP/2003/Vista)
Works OK! Option to show close button on tabs.
Not Tested! Bug fix: 7+4 style zip code is now handled properly for location
This was never a problem! Bug fix: middle click to close tab for multiline tabs.
Tested OK! Save tab position.

karel

Post by karel » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:01 am

I downloaded SB with the link provoded here. It was version 408 build 005.

At first it seemed ok, I mean saving the tab order. But this happened only a few times.

Now after closing SB the (autosave.sgp) and b4closeall.sgp and lastsession.sgp are gone. (luckyly I backed up SB settings, afterall it is beta!)

Hope this would be fixed with version 408 build 008 now available as beta in the download section of SB, but same error occurs!

Is there a setting I can check? (couldn't find any related)
Is it a beta problem?

karel

Post by karel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:02 am

Problem still exists with version version 408 build 009

karel

Problem solved!

Post by karel » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:15 am

Found the problem!
I uninstalled SB and installed a fresh copy of 408 build 009 beta. Now to my surprise the favicons.ico in the tabs are working but not in the adress bar though.

But more importantly the lastsession.sgp and b4closeall.sgp were not deleted any more.

So I start configuring SB the way I wanted it, but now these sgp files were deleted again. After some research I discovered that the option Privacy Browser History is responsible for this behaviour. To my knowledge this wasn't the case in previous versions, but I could be wrong!

Hope this info is of any use! Keep up the good work!

JRosenfeld
Advanced Member

Post by JRosenfeld » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:35 am

I am not sure that's a bug: if you clear browser history on exit (which if you check that option is what you are asking it to do), then I would not expect on next opening that previously visited sites would be available.

karel

Post by karel » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:36 am

JRosenfeld wrote:I am not sure that's a bug: if you clear browser history on exit (which if you check that option is what you are asking it to do), then I would not expect on next opening that previously visited sites would be available.

Yes I see the logic of that!

But I'm convinced I had this option previously enabled and then it did not delete sgp files. I'm using SB for many many years now, can't remember the first version. I always install a new version on top of the old one. Perhaps my setup became garbled / messed up!

Because now I can see favicons in the tabs, never had that before.
Closing SB with multiple tabs took forever, now fast as lightning.
Consuming less CPU.
No more error messages, these showed up occasionally. Thought I pushed SB to the limit with so many opened tabs

So I guess I'll have to do a fresh install now and then. :idea:

karel

Post by karel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:18 am

JRosenfeld wrote:I am not sure that's a bug: if you clear browser history on exit (which if you check that option is what you are asking it to do), then I would not expect on next opening that previously visited sites would be available.

The laptop I'm using at work also has SlimBrowser! That version is 407.100. Checked the Privacy Browser history checkbox and it was enabled!!!!! But the sgp files ARE NOT deleted.

So I remembered my settings correctly. If you (JRosenfeld) is correct than on TWO different machines the installation becomes corrupt/garbled. And is defenitely worth looking into, because I assume many moore people wil have this messed up.

JRosenfeld
Advanced Member

Post by JRosenfeld » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:27 pm

I may have misunderstood what you were saying, but I don't have the problem that I think you are describing.

I'm using 4.08 build 100.

I have options/ privacy browser history unchecked.

I opened Slimbrowser, opened a couple of my groups, moved the tabs around manually. Closed SB opened SB, file menu 'restore sites opened in last session' and they opened in the order I'd set them before closing.
Moved the tabs around again, closed/opened SB, again file menu 'restore sites opened in last session', and they again opened in the (new) order they were in when I closed SB.

As I said previously that only works if in options, privacy you have unchecked browser history.

If I check browser history, in the options privacy pane then browser history is cleared on closing, and restore sites open in last session does not work.