Multiple downloads with Download Manager

Request new features for future implemention

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

noramarti

Multiple downloads with Download Manager

Post by noramarti » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 am

On a daily basis, I need to download multiple files from certain websites, but Slimbrowser can only download one file at a time. This might be the only thing, so far, that might keep me from using it as my default browser instead of Maxthon. In Maxthon, I can right-click to start the downloader and select the files I want to download, sort of like GetRight, except easier. If there is a way to do this with Slimbrowser, feel free to let me know and delete this feature request.

Thanks.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Multiple downloads with Download Manager

Post by oftentired » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm

This seems a bit of a hassle but I can make it happen in this fashion.

If the different URL's for the download are the same each day for all the daily downloads you can add them to a Group. click the Group menu and then Organize Groups... and set them up in a New Group of whatever name suits you and then click that group. You will get a prompt for each download to start. If you don't want to tell it where to go and just click download they will all go to the default location in Options or to the last location you downloaded to.

To avoid the question are you sure you want to download it again you would need to clear your download history (after you obtain the URL's if that happens to be your best source). One way to obtain the URL is by opening the Download Manager and then highlight the last download and right click and select Properties. The highlighted URL will be the one to copy.

The only other way I can see to do this is to open a new browser instance. But that seems even clunkier to me.

I think this feature request should remain as I don't see any easier or other automated way to make it happen.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Raa'Kaan
Advanced Member

Post by Raa'Kaan » Fri May 06, 2011 12:15 pm

I support this feature request with some additional notes:

I cannot quite put my finger on it, but some sites seems to do multiple downloads, and some don't. I cannot find any reason for the difference.

When I download multiple files from the same or different sources, some of them download simultaniously, some of them "queue" and load into the download manager one at a time. It follows no recongnizable pattern.

It has been too long for me to remember if I used the "allow multiple downloads" registry hack on my latest Windows 7 installs, but I will try and test those with the download manager. I cannot be certain that reg. hack affects the download manager.

(now that I read this, my post should perhaps be submitted under the "Bug Reports" thread but I'm not really reporting a bug, just adding my observations.)

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:38 am

I'm going to bump this and simply state a request related to the OP

The Download Manager could allow for hands on management of multiple queued downloads. Nothing fancy just the ability to select the option to queue more downloads after I've started one. If you want to throw in a date/time to start the download in the queue that would be icing on the cake.

Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson