Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 pm 

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with SlimBrowser or RoboForm, but after upgrading to 6.00.036 (from 5.01.038), RoboForm Desktop's latest version (7.3.2) insists on placing an immovable toolbar underneath the tabs. In SB5 and IE8, the Roboform toolbar can be freely positioned (when toolbars are unlocked). Not so with SB6 -- the RoboForm toolbar insists on being on a line by itself and, it seems, always as the bottom-most line. It cannot be moved by dragging as other toolbars can.

I will check this on another computer tonight if I can.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:29 pm 

Harron wrote:
I'm not sure whether this is an issue with SlimBrowser or RoboForm, but after upgrading to 6.00.036 (from 5.01.038), RoboForm Desktop's latest version (7.3.2) insists on placing an immovable toolbar underneath the tabs. In SB5 and IE8, the Roboform toolbar can be freely positioned (when toolbars are unlocked). Not so with SB6 -- the RoboForm toolbar insists on being on a line by itself and, it seems, always as the bottom-most line. It cannot be moved by dragging as other toolbars can.

Same here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:55 am 
Advanced Member

6.00.xxx uses a seperate rendering process for installed toolbars that precludes them from being placed alongside the toolbars that are part of the SB program. This is by design and not considered a Bug by the developer. At this time there is no way possible to commingle native and installed toolbars. Feature Requests for this capability may find the matter put on the to do list for a future major upgrade.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:13 pm 

Thanks for that info, Oft.

I just confirmed this behavior on another computer.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. I use RoboForm way too much (and I do not use the free version), and the tabs have to be the bottom-most line among the toolbars. This is no longer possible in SB6.

Firefox doesn't allow the commingling thing, either, but there you can at least keep tabs bottom-most. I could live with that.

Does anyone know the best way to retrograde to SB5 (keeping customizations, including autologins and groups)?

Last edited by Harron on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:42 pm 
Advanced Member

I've not tried it but you should just be able to install it to the same folder and the exe will pick up what it needs from your current installation. Perhaps make a copy of the Slimbowser folder first just in case something goes awry so you don't lose anything.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:42 pm 

OK, I tried it.

A straight overinstall of 5.01.038 over 6.00.036 "works," but it gets messy. You actually end up with both versions in the same program folder (because the executables are named differently). I was even able to run both versions, but running 6 will mess up your 5 toolbar customizations.

Short of cleaning up everything and starting over from scratch -- which is probably the "right" way to do it -- I found you can simply trash the program folder (not the stuff in Application Data), then reinstall SB5. Everything seems to be OK.

This is with Win XP Pro SP3, and I have no idea what might happen in any others Windows version.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 am 
Advanced Member

I am sorry for the problem. However, in IE, all the toolbars other than the tab bar and address bar is hosted in the rendering process. That's why you can move them. However, in IE8, it is impossible for you to move any other toolbars above the tab bar and address bar.

In SlimBrowser, we do have an option which can let you put the tab bar on the bottom side of the frame window. But I am not sure that can make you happy.

Harron wrote:

I will check this on another computer tonight if I can.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:11 pm 

Thank you for the explanation, Stephen.

I will live with SB5 as long as I can. Then, I will consider my options.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:32 pm 

flashpeak wrote:
However, in IE8, it is impossible for you to move any other toolbars above the tab bar and address bar.

Not impossible.

Roboform toolbar can be placed freely among IE8 toolbars (except, yes, the address bar insists on being upper-most). Tabs remain bottom-most at the top of the window, below the Roboform toolbar. This was possible with IE8 and SB5. Not so with SB6.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:07 pm 

Same for me, in my eyes this is a huge step backwards. Even Firefox can handle Roboform like I want...

ALexader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:21 am 

I can just confirm what others wrote. This is a big step backwards and an absolute no go.
My screen is wide but not high enough for such rubbish. Now I must use an additional line for two small toolbars, which I could easily put beside the search toolbar or the menu. I can do this easily in IE9, so why is it suddenly impossible with Slimbrowser 6.
Even if you state it another way, for me it is a programming bug as it was possible in SB5 and it is still possible with the browsers stated by yourself as example IE8/IE9.

Loeffel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:52 pm 

For those of you still using SlimBrowser 5.01.039 because of this issue, you might have noticed that the latest version of Roboform (7.7.5) wrecks the Robo toolbar (reducing it to a single icon at the far right).

After several email exchanges with Roboform engineers, I was able to get them to reproduce the problem. They're not going to work on this as a priority (7.7.5 and a 7.7.6 beta work just fine in IE8 and FF11), but they did say they'd try to fix it. In the meantime, Roboform 7.7.4 can be reinstalled over your existing install, and it fixes the problem completely.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:16 am 

I will try that as I have this very annoying problem. Additionally I opened up a ticket to the roboform support about this issue. It doesn't seem completely a problem only in the Slimbrowser as I needed to reset the width of the Roboform toolbar in IE 32/64 2 or 3 times until it stays the way I configured it.