Inspect Page Code

Request new features for future implemention

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

Raa'Kaan
Advanced Member

Inspect Page Code

Post by Raa'Kaan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 am

Ok folks,

This one is the main reason why I have to switch from SB to either Firefox or Chrome. Maybe it's already in SB and I have missed it. If so, let me know.

I am a web developer and the "inspect page" tools are simply a must for day to day work.

I first found this in a firefox plug-in called "firebug" - This plug-in allows you to hover your mouse over portions of a page and it highlights the html and css elements for quick editing.

Later, I found out that Chrome has "inspect element" as a built-in right-click feature.

I realize these are complicated aps / plug-ins, and may not be anything the SB devs are interested in undertaking, but I still am going to make this feature request because it is the one thing that forces me to leave SB and use other browsers.

Well, that and IE's missing damn text-shadows.. but that's another story.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Inspect Page Code

Post by oftentired » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

I assume you've tried the View Source which uses a built in Script Pad and not the windows notepad?
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Raa'Kaan
Advanced Member

Post by Raa'Kaan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:02 pm

I have used script pad oftentired, I should have mentioned that, but to my knowledge you can only view source and do some saving etc... It's not as dynamic as the newer inspect tools. =) I just want Slimbrowser to be as good as possible so I don't have to keep switching back and forth and I realize this could potentially be a pretty huge task to implement. Here's to hopeing! /cheers!

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:12 pm

My coding skills are limited to dos bat files and about a kindergarten level of any html etc... but I don't think it is too much to ask from programmers that they make their own program more programmer friendly....... well as long as they don't include the word salon in the name of it I'm all for it :lol:
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson