Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:11 am 
Advanced Member

I use RemotelyAnywhere for remote control of my machines. Unfortunately, the IE ActiveX control crashes in SB when I try to go full screen; it works fine in IE, of course. I realize it's unlikely that SB will implement full ActiveX support (it's an IE thing anyway), but what I need is a way to detect the userAgent string, determine if the user is using SB or IE actual to load the webpage, and then use JavaScript to dynamically write the code (if SB, do not write the link to RemotelyAnywhere, and if IE, allow the link to load it.)

So, any ideas? Image Does SB already have a userAgent string that identifies it above and beyond IE? (As of right now, SB will return itself as IE.)

edit: BTW, this is the code I'm using. Copy & paste this to a new html page to see what it does; it you load it in IE (or SB), it will link to the ActiveX control install; if you load the page in FireFox, it will link to the FireFox .xpi control install.

<script type="text/javascript">
//determines what browser is being used.
// Only IE and FireFox are enabled in this script, since that's all I use.
function WhichBrowser()
  if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE') != -1) {
    document.write('<a target="_parent" href="http://www.remotelyanywhere.com/connect_msie.asp" style="text-decoration: none">RA ActiveX install</a>'); }
  else if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Firefox') != -1) {
    document.write('<a target="_parent" href="https://secure.logmein.com/activex/npRACtrl.xpi" style="text-decoration: none">RA FireFox install</a>'); }
  else {
    document.write("Not IE or FireFox.");
<tr><td align="center"><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><script>WhichBrowser()</script></a></font></td></tr>

My Cardomain site, featuring my Ãœbercharged 1997 Mazda MiataImage

Post subject: some user-agent
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:05 pm 

Anybody know about user-agent "Verticrawlbot"? I'm search it on user agents library - it exist, but no info about.
Some ideas? Tnx.