Program to Convert Englist.ini to qseg

Users can share resources like search engine definitions, dictionary definitons here.

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:24 am

Post by SirDaShadow » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:29 am

As requested, I posted this here and also registered myself (so you know I'm not a virus writer) :P

I figured re-installing an older version of SB might be too inconvenient, so I made a program that will convert englist.ini into .qseg files. Just copy your englist.ini and the program in the same folder and run it. You should be able to see all the qsegs in the folder. From there just move them (on NT,2k,XP) to %userprofile%\Application Data\SlimBrowser\QuickSearch.

qseg files can be found on Win9x boxes at these locations:
<span style='color:blue'>C:\Program Files\SlimBrowser\default\appdata\QuickSearch
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SlimBrowser\QuickSearch</span>

I have tried the program and it works fine on Windows XP. Please let me know if there are any problems.

<a href='' target='_blank'>Eng2qseg</a>

Update: I fixed the illegal filename issue. Now all the englist.ini entries which contain such characters can now be safely converted by the program!

Post Reply