Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:19 pm 
Advanced Member

This is probably not an SB problem per se but a side effect of a recent problem with WindowBlinds.
Just looking for pointers on how to fix if possible.

A month or so ago I upgraded WindowBlinds to 6.4. That version caused all manner of problems from not always
loading at startup, causing items to hang or not end at shutdown, to bringing up a dialog asking me what user to run it as (a prompt I've never received ever since using XP).
Some similar issues were posted in WinCustomize and Impulse forums.

For the most part I've always used an old school OPENSTEP theme where things are mostly gray.
SlimBrowser, going all the way back to my Win98 days has always adopted the system's color scheme.

I eventually had to roll back to a previous WindowBlinds version and everything went back to normal but since
then my SB menus are XP white (like a lot of programs today that are not skinnable or are hard-coded with their
own look). The only part of the menus that are gray is a vertical area to the left of each menu (menu background
I suppose) with all the rest being white.
Bringing up the Favorites menu which is two columns wide (needs organizing :) ) I see that the menus are
indeed gray except any portion with text (black text on white).

I can't figure out what broke or exactly what to look for in fixing this. Any ideas or pointers on whatever I may
have screwed up? The system colors under Display Properties is okay and I haven't made any changes to the
WB skin otherwise other programs would exhibit the same behavior.
Whatever happened with WB 6.4 it broke my beloved SB. :(

Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm 

marcdw wrote:
This is probably not an SB problem per se...

Nope. It is an SB thing. It happened several versions ago. I brought it up here when it first happened (a couple of years ago?) and was told it's just one of those things. MS Office applications behave like this, I was told back then.

I just tried to find the discussion, but it seems to have scrolled off this board.

Not that terrible a thing to have to live with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:21 pm 
Advanced Member

Ach! It's been three months since I posted? Man I'm really slacking off on my forum readings.
Man, what's with all the spam here? Geez!

Anyhind, thanks for the reply. I've learned to live with the two-toned menus. :?