Question pre-logging on.

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

EssBeeman
Advanced Member

Question pre-logging on.

Post by EssBeeman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:42 am

The pre-logging on question to prevent automated logons doesn't seem to be very good. The same question has been asked the last 4 or 5 times I've logged on!!

flashpeak
Advanced Member

Re: Question pre-logging on.

Post by flashpeak » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 am

That is not expected. It is based on a cookie. A cookied will be set if you answer the question correctly once. As long as the cookie is present, you won't be asked again. Did you clean your cache and cookies from time to time?

We have to do this to minimize the amount of spam on this board. We tried different ways but this seems the most effective so far. There are a lot of Robot scripts who can easily get around those CAPTCHA images. A simple customized question is more effective in beating those boats.
EssBeeman wrote:The pre-logging on question to prevent automated logons doesn't seem to be very good. The same question has been asked the last 4 or 5 times I've logged on!!
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Support
Email: support AT flashpeak.com

EssBeeman
Advanced Member

Re: Question pre-logging on.

Post by EssBeeman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:50 am

Yes I regularly clean the cache and cookies as part of my backup routine. If that's the reason then that's OK, I can live with that. Thanks.