Does the SlimBrowser have a relation with the AMBrower?

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

skyhoshodol

Does the SlimBrowser have a relation with the AMBrower?

Post by skyhoshodol » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:07 pm

hi,
I have used a Browser called AM Browser which provides powerful multi-tab function. Most of all I like using hot key f2, f3 to exchange tabs. But the Browser were not updated since April, 10 2010.

Today, I saw a screenshot of SlimBorwser, and it looks like AMBrowser. Surely, I have installed Slimbrowser and tested it.
SlimBrowser is very good browser. But it is little regrettable that I can't find the hot key f2, f3 - functions instead of ctrl+Tab.

I don't know which is true that Slimbrowser is later version of AMbrowser or not. But I hope Slim Browser to have rebirth of the hot key functions if it is true.

thanks.

EssBeeman
Advanced Member

Re: Does the SlimBrowser have a relation with the AMBrower?

Post by EssBeeman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:17 am

I would guess that AM Browser has no connection with Slim Browser.
I am curious as to why you use the function keys to show tabs, surely it's easier just to click the tab with your mouse. Unless of course you don't use a mouse.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:31 am

If you have taken your hand off the mouse it is typically far faster to perform a memorized keyboard action with your fingers than it is to grab the mouse and perform the same action with the mouse.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

skyhoshodol

Post by skyhoshodol » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:43 am

EssBeeman wrote:I would guess that AM Browser has no connection with Slim Browser.
I am curious as to why you use the function keys to show tabs, surely it's easier just to click the tab with your mouse. Unless of course you don't use a mouse.
oh, thanks to reply.
The interface of Slim Browser is similar to that of AM Browser, so I just guessed some connection of them.
About the function keys... it make me to feel comportable that my hands always being on keyboard. So I more prefer using keyboard to using mouse.

Anyway, thanks again. :)