How do I add more speed dial windows?

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

Oswald Kunka

How do I add more speed dial windows?

Post by Oswald Kunka » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:00 pm

I cannot find the answer in FAQ or the forum. In an old 'Opera' version you edited the speed dial .ini file from a 3X4 grid to a 4X4 grid. Can a person add more SD windows in Slimbrowser? If so, then how?

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: How do I add more speed dial windows?

Post by oftentired » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 pm

about:tabs

right near the top and to the right of center is a circular cog shape button inside a square not much bigger than the cob and the square has a blue bar across the top

and that little button you click with your mouse and you get a window with options for the appearance of the page

once you've changed the appearance to allow for more rows or columns it will automatically add Blank Squares with a Plus Sign in the middle which you click to get a little window where you stick in the URL. I'm gonna guess it picks up the icon from the website.

To edit a square that is already assigned an URL you click the little tiny square at the bottom left of each sqaure which appears to have a tablet and pencil design which I suspect stands for "Edit"
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Oswald Kunka

Post by Oswald Kunka » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Ahhhh there's the rub. I have no circular cog shaped button showing? I have about:tabs showing in the address bar, 12 speed dial windows and a small rectangular google search bar above the 2nd. and 3rd. SD window. I tried re-installing a fresh download overtop the original install but still I do not see a small cog.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:27 pm

ahhh my bad. I'm working with the release of 7.00 it must be a new feature of this release. I'll just go back to 6.xx for a minute I thought there was some way to do that when I was messing with it once.

mmm I don't see any easy way to do it. I'm not a programmer so I can't make any suggestions on modifying the newtab_lz.htm file which is rendered as about:tabs.

However, version 7.00.002 has been stable for me and I see no reason for you not to use it to have the added features for speed dial.

http://www.slimbrowser.net/beta/sbsetup.exe

cheers
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Oswald Kunka

Post by Oswald Kunka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:48 pm

:D I just downloaded V7.00 B 003 and yes I now have a 'cog' that I used to add more windows. Thank You, Thank You.

Broderick

Post by Broderick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:40 am

Hi Oftentired
Thanks for replying Oswald Kunka and sorting my issue as facing same problem Oswald Kunka faced. Followed your directions and get rid of headache.