Favourites

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

dag1167
Advanced Member

Favourites

Post by dag1167 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 am

I am in the process of moving files to a new ccomputer. So far so good except Favourites. I have chosen the 'export' option but when I import this into my new computer all I get are the folders which are empty.
Has anyone any suggestions please?
Dave

katelara

Re: Favourites

Post by katelara » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:48 am

Grouped [favorites, history, folders] and [download manager, scriptpad] into two separate explorer bars. By default, the first group is docked on the left side and the second group is docked on the bottom side. Also, each of these windows can have different sizes and the sizes will be separately memorized across browser sessions. By default, the download manager window is docked at the bottom with just enough height to show 4 lines so that it won't take much space from your web page. ScriptPad is set to have much more room by default so that you can view the source code comfortably inside it.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 am

katelara wrote:Grouped [favorites, history, folders] and [download manager, scriptpad] into two separate explorer bars. By default, the first group is docked on the left side and the second group is docked on the bottom side. Also, each of these windows can have different sizes and the sizes will be separately memorized across browser sessions. By default, the download manager window is docked at the bottom with just enough height to show 4 lines so that it won't take much space from your web page. ScriptPad is set to have much more room by default so that you can view the source code comfortably inside it.
demonstrate relevance to the original post

iCORM
Advanced Member

Post by iCORM » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Try migrating favorites manually. Locate the favorites folder in windows explorer. In windows Vista, 7 & 8 it's usually at C:\Users\"YourUserName"\ and in Windows XP & previous versions its at C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUserName"\

Copy the entire favorites folder on a removable flash drive and paste it into the user directory in the new computer (location is similar to above). If asked to replace/merge, click Yes.