All Trident (IE) based apps including SB stopped working.

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

iCORM
Advanced Member

All Trident (IE) based apps including SB stopped working.

Post by iCORM » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am

(I'm currently posting this via Maxthon Browser.)

Everything was working fine, i locked my machine and went out, came back after 6 hours and every app using the trident engine stopped working. i wouldn't have noticed it if i didn't have slimbrowser as my default browser. Everything using IE11 is blank. No page is rendered. Take a look at the screenshot below, both ie & sb remain stuck on opening a page.

IE11:

Slimbrowser:

All other browser are working fine. The weird thing is IE & SB both render local saved web pages. I uninstalled IE11 and it rolled back to default IE8 on my Win7 x86 machine and everything was working but websites broken due to compatibility issues. I reinstalled IE11 but no luck, the problem is back.

I know this is a IE problem and not slimbrowser, but the internet being full of MS/IE bashing @ssh0les, i dont think anybody else other than you guys here would help me solve this.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: All Trident (IE) based apps including SB stopped working

Post by oftentired » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm stuck at about SB 7.00.65 set to IE9 compatibility (or whatever it needs to be set at), anything much later for SB and IE11 and SB start doing weird thangs to my mouse pointer and webpage display.

My suggestion is to install but stay far far away from IE11 and roll back SB to an earlier version and see how things go from there.

I'm waiting patiently for the promised release of a chromium engine browser from flashpeak.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

iCORM
Advanced Member

Re: All Trident (IE) based apps including SB stopped working

Post by iCORM » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Was using IE11 with SB 7.00.71 for more than a month now and had to say it was faster and fluid than before. the JS handling and Image & html5 video rendering via GPU was far more faster. I didn't have any problem till yesterday.

At the moment i unistalled ie11, rolled back to ie8, then manually installed ie9 and windows update and it worked fine. then installed ie10 and again windows updates and it still working smoothly. a lot of reboots went into the process. I have to say that there's a lot of difference in terms of performance compared to ie11. suprising MS did a good job and ie11 was fast. I'm leaving at ie10 at the moment and will try reinstalling ie11 on sunday when i time off from work.

@oftentired personally i think you should try updating SB and IE11 to the latest versions and give it a try. Just disable microsoft compatibility view list and render all pages by default at ie11. you will notice the difference.