Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

Post Reply
Anacunga
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12 am

Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

Post by Anacunga » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:42 am

When opening a new tab; how to set that always the current tab is opened again in the new tab? Btw: that would be the same behaviour as if entering the url again ...

How to ALWAYS activate the TAB ON THE LEFT SIDE (of the closed current tab) when closing current tab?

How to set close button only to the active tab (but neiter to all nor to none)?

Btw: don't tell me that's not possible! If that would be so, please add it ASAP!

oftentired
Advanced Member
Posts: 910
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:39 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

Post by oftentired » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 am

Anacunga wrote:When opening a new tab; how to set that always the current tab is opened again in the new tab? Btw: that would be the same behaviour as if entering the url again ...
right click the tab and select Duplicate
Anacunga wrote:How to ALWAYS activate the TAB ON THE LEFT SIDE (of the closed current tab) when closing current tab?
Click the tab to the left first then close the tab to the right
Anacunga wrote:How to set close button only to the active tab (but neiter to all nor to none)?
which "close" button?
Anacunga wrote:Btw: don't tell me that's not possible! If that would be so, please add it ASAP!
All things are possible; some things are extremely difficult or just not practical :P
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Anacunga
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12 am

Re: Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

Post by Anacunga » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:35 am

oftentired wrote:
Anacunga wrote:When opening a new tab; how to set that always the current tab is opened again in the new tab? Btw: that would be the same behaviour as if entering the url again ...
right click the tab and select Duplicate
unpractical to always need to point the cursor to the menu entry; this takes time and concentration and tends to clicking into the wrong place
oftentired wrote:
Anacunga wrote:How to ALWAYS activate the TAB ON THE LEFT SIDE (of the closed current tab) when closing current tab?
Click the tab to the left first then close the tab to the right
unpractical to alway click around – and totally unpractical if the tab you want to close is the leftmost visible, so you have to first move the tab list to the right to first select the tab you want to be at after closing the tab ... absolutely unusable without always clicking around!
oftentired wrote:
Anacunga wrote:How to set close button only to the active tab (but neiter to all nor to none)?
which "close" button?
question obsolete: it cannot happen that you select a tab (for going to it) and instead close it because you did point onto the "closing cross" (that's the "close button"); slimbrowser has an intelligent solution: if pointing to the right area of a tab, the close button first appears as red cross and you have to click a second time to really close it.
oftentired wrote:
Anacunga wrote:Btw: don't tell me that's not possible! If that would be so, please add it ASAP!
All things are possible; some things are extremely difficult or just not practical :P
... and the two mentioned things make it totally unpractical.

Btw.: I am still a user of NetCaptor, as it is still the best behaviour ever found; but some of the "new programmed webpages" do not come correct. So I am on the lookout for a browser that has similar behaviour and is as practical as NetCaptor. Either Slimbrowser can do – or I'll look for something else. But without the two mentioned behaviours (that belong to the configurable prefs) I'll look for something else (even if SB otherwise looks quite nice).

oftentired
Advanced Member
Posts: 910
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:39 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

Post by oftentired » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:14 am

watch for this to be released it should be worth a test run

http://www.slimbrowser.net/web-browser-blog/
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Anacunga
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12 am

Re: Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

Post by Anacunga » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 am

Simple question: is there the browser cache also as clear, open and direct as with MSIE and other Trident-Engine-Browsers that you have a "temporary internet files" directory where you can directly fetch the .html, .jpg, .gif, .svg, etc. files directly (without needing some special tool to extract them) if you need them? That's also something that counts.

And what only NatCaptor has (I've never seen it at any other browser) are not only captor groups, but also direct access and very simple (manually editable) files where captor-lists, last-open-tab-list, popup-blocklist, search-engine-list, etc. that can be edited with notepad, the urls copied, saved somewhere else or manually replaced, and so on. With NetCaptor, you can replace the file with the last open tabs with one of different contents, and you start with all the other tabs open. And opening hundreds of tabs at once might be take a while until they are all open, but otherwise does not affect performance. Also something important is turning on and off scripting and activeX immediately without reloading any tab or window (by one single button-click in the toolbar; btw.: with a button is a wish – NC does it over the menu (set to off/ask/on) – but with immdiate effect)!

As said: SlimBrowser looks nice in many aspects, but obviously lacks some (very few) important behaviour that should be configurable in the options (as stated above).

oftentired
Advanced Member
Posts: 910
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:39 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Tab behaviour ... how to set options to ...

Post by oftentired » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm

SB uses the IE cache folder
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Post Reply