Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:04 am 

Usual behaviour in any other browser on right-click is just pure and simple "open" (in the sense of "open the link in the same tab"). As of that most people are used to usually not select first item of right-click-options-menu, but second for opening in a new tab or third for opening in a new window.

How to set options-menu so that "open (in the same tab)" is first item in right-click-options-menu?

Btw.: I do not say anything against the possibility to disable the option to display that item "open (in the same tab)" on the first line (for those who are used that this item is not there)!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:21 am 
Advanced Member

I think the reasoning is that it would be redundant to place this behaviour on the right click context menu.

If you always want an URL within a webpage to open in the same tab when you left click the URL do this

Tools:Options:New Tab
uncheck the box next to, "auto create new tab when URL is entered"

if you wish to toggle this behaviour independent of the Option Settings for New Tab press the Shift key when you click the URL and it will do exactly the opposite as your default selection at Tools:Options:New Tab:auto create new tab when URL is entered. In other words the Shift key is a toggle for this behaviour.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:59 am 

sorry, but I doubt that you got what I am looking for ...

using several browsers – mostly NetCaptor (that is "only a surface for MSIE"), I am used to a context menu in the following order:

1st line: open ... (i.e.: open the link in the same tab)
2nd line: open link in a new tab ... (that is not selectable in NetCaptor as it is the normal behaviour to open anything in a new tab; NC is one of the first browsers that introduced tabbed browsing; it was conceived for MSIE at a time that MSIE did not think of tabs and the MS-Bigboss did not want to do something "as silly as tabs" or else)
3rd line: open link in a new window ... (that's clickable also in NC, and you open a link in a new tab when using that in NC).
4th line: save target as ...
5th line: ... (what else more – is not so important)

Now what I want is to have the possibility to open a link in the same tab with a right-click through the context menu – as it is also in MSIE; not more and not less (for that specific thing; there are lot's of other things to look at in detail).

Btw: pressing any key on the keyboard (incl. ctrl. etc.) is not practical here as only the mouse is used.