Slimjet Interesting, but...

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

nordnord

Slimjet Interesting, but...

Post by nordnord » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 pm

I've just given the experimental release of SlimJet a test run.

Overall, a plus, one big minus though. That would be the failure to put a theme in place that replicates SlimBrowser or SlimBoat. One of the big selling features there was the adherence to a true toolbar with File / Edit/ View / Bookmarks, etc. on the top of the browser window. SlimJet looks almost like Chrome and I am one of those who hate the minimal look, so this is a big disappointment for me.

A feature I would like to see implemented is a seamless ability to import QuickFill from SlimBoat into SlimJet. Right now, SlimJet asks you to manually locate the QuickFill info from somewhere in Slimboat sub-folders. Try that yourself and see how long it takes! <g>

Overall, a nice opening salvo... needs work.

thanks for listening.

SJ_Diamond

Re: Slimjet Interesting, but...

Post by SJ_Diamond » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:41 am

Yeah, i agree with that. Nav bar should for example be fully customizable, there should be a complex status bar with some additional informations and a good change would also be to replace the forward/backward/reload buttons with other icons, because the standard Chromium UI ones do look so much out of place if you add the custom Slimjet Icons to it.

And some bug report too, if i turn off javascript in general and try to start the weather forecast then, the whole browser is instantly freezing and can only be force quit over the Windows task manager!

SJ_Diamond

Re: Slimjet Interesting, but...

Post by SJ_Diamond » Sat May 03, 2014 8:44 am

Ok, this new Beta rocks :) Square tabs, different buttons for menu and forward... And the forward/backwards buttons change colors too :D Very nice!

How about adding a color of choice by the user into the url field when the user loads a page? I mean a visible colorful page loader if you know what i mean :D

Anyway, great job in this beta! Would still be nice to see the Nav Bar fully customizable.. All elements and not only the buttons which the user can now add as additional items to the navigationbar. What also would rock would be to have the option of a full status bar, url field combined with the Tabs at wish or tab row below the navigation toolbar.

Looking forward for your next version, Slimjet could become a great project if you keep changing things like that :D