Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How to make font bigger?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 pm 

The font on some sites -- this forum, for example -- is very small.

I went to tools/appearnce & set all 3 fonts to 12, but some pages (including this forum) are still very very tiny fonts. All I can do is use View/zoom, but that only works for the page I am on. When I go to a different page, the font beomes tiny again.

How can I fix this??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:08 am 
Advanced Member

Try View:Text Size

select the next size larger, and then the next size larger as needed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 pm 

oftentired wrote:
Try View:Text Size

select the next size larger, and then the next size larger as needed
Uhhh... "Text Size" does not apprear on the drop-down menu of "View". (I have version 1.1.50 which is, I think, the most recent.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:29 am 
Advanced Member

You have posted in the Slimbrowser section of this forum. Slimbrowser has this option. From your version number I'm thinking you might be running Slimboat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:04 pm 

oftentired wrote:
You have posted in the Slimbrowser section of this forum. Slimbrowser has this option. From your version number I'm thinking you might be running Slimboat?
Yes, I am using Slimboat.

After I read your notice of my mistake in choosing Slimbrowser's forum vice Slimboat's, I went to the Slimboat forum. There I found that a similar question about small font size had been posted last November, but was never answered or responded to in any way.

Should I switch to Slimbrowser instead of Slimboat? What are the main differences between the two "slim" browsers? Which of the two is more timely maintained?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:44 pm 
Advanced Member

Slimbrowser is a browser that replaces the Graphical User Interface of Internet Explorer with one developed to use the underlying Trident engine and adds any number of interesting and useful features. You might want to give it a try.

Slimboat is an effort to use another browser engine with the hope that it would render webpages better than the Trident engine, but (in my opinion) it turned out to be not as good as expected.

There is another browser called Slimjet (released by the developers of Slimbrowser and Slimboat) which is in beta phase. It uses the Blink browser engine which is the same used by the google chrome browser. Once it passed the alpha testing phased it has been very stable for me, I've started using the beta release of Slimjet exclusively. They are adding new features, in many cases requested by users, fairly quickly while being careful not to break the Blink engine code.

Both Slimbrowser and Slimjet are being fully supported by the developers with regular updates.

http://www.slimbrowser.net/en/

http://www.slimjet.com/en/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:03 am 

oftentired wrote:
There is another browser called Slimjet (released by the developers of Slimbrowser and Slimboat) which is in beta phase. It uses the Blink browser engine which is the same used by the google chrome browser. Once it passed the alpha testing phased it has been very stable for me, I've started using the beta release of Slimjet exclusively. They are adding new features, in many cases requested by users, fairly quickly while being careful not to break the Blink engine code.

Both Slimbrowser and Slimjet are being fully supported by the developers with regular updates.
Great background info! Thanks a lot.

I have installed & am running Slimjet. No font problems as with S.boat. However, S.jet feels a nanosecond slower that S.boat.

P.S. You might enjoy trying the latest K-meleon Browser beta from Here. It's stable, light, verrrry fast.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:23 pm 

Be aware that some popular antirus programs (Avast for example) detect slimjet.exe as malware. See HERE.

Many potential users of SlimJet are not using it for that reason. Slimjet's proponent should take action to remedy this issue -- whenever they read this forum (which seems to be :"Never")

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 am 
Advanced Member

bellgamin wrote:
Be aware that some popular antirus programs (Avast for example) detect slimjet.exe as malware. See HERE.

Many potential users of SlimJet are not using it for that reason. Slimjet's proponent should take action to remedy this issue -- whenever they read this forum (which seems to be :"Never")

The information in Wilders forum is outdated.
1. I uploaded to VirusTotal and Avast is the only anti-virus showing a hit for the installation program and avast is known to be rather aggressive which is why it has a good reputation; the developers have reported the false hit to the Avast people
2. Slimjet was migrated to Chromium build 35.0.1916.114 with version 1.0.9 and is now on version 1.0.11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:55 pm 

oftentired wrote:
The information in Wilders forum is outdated.
1. I uploaded to VirusTotal and Avast is the only anti-virus showing a hit for the installation program and avast is known to be rather aggressive which is why it has a good reputation; the developers have reported the false hit to the Avast people
2. Slimjet was migrated to Chromium build 35.0.1916.114 with version 1.0.9 and is now on version 1.0.11
Great info. Good to know.

Per HERE Slimjet does indeed have the latest stable version of Chromium.

QUESTION: What is the best way for me to stay informed as to the latest Slimjet version?