Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:30 pm 

I'm brand new here (which should be obvious by the amount of posts on my forum record), and I'm curious as to the outlook of future development of Slim Browser. The reason I prefer Slim Browser to the other Flash Peak browser Slim Jet is the advanced user interface. Yes, I know I'm in the minority here; but the "minimalist" interface of Chrome is absolutely horrible. In fact, that's precisely why I'm here. Since 2010, I've been using Firefox. With Firefox, I got the advanced interface of Internet Explorer, with the web page stability of Chrome. However, that is all in the past. In recent years, Firefox has been going the way of Chrome. And if that isn't bad enough, the actual browser is become more and more unstable. Hardware acceleration issues, crashes, bugs, slow load times, and features being stripped are just the tip of the ice burg as to what the incompetents at Mozilla are doing. As many here may have heard, the "New 57" is going to all but put Firefox in the ground! As it is, Mozilla is already sending their user's browsing statistics to Google. And their usage statistics are dropping like flies! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers) 5.5 percent! They're literally the new IE!

But I digress. After finally getting fed up with Firefox for the last time, I decided now was the time to switch browsers. So I started my search engine journey. A long and tedious voyage that finally landed me at Slim Browser. And for a moment, I was in browser bliss. "Finally!", I had thought, "This is the browser I had been dreaming of!" But alas, it seems like development of the browser is dying. Whenever you visit the home page, it tries to re-direct you to Slim Jet. So I'm guessing I made it to the beginning of the end of Slim Browser?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm 

Forum seems to be inactive too. I am also new here and i liked the interface of Slim Browser but it seems dead project it would be much better if they could release its Source Code.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:36 pm 
Advanced Member

It should be understood that Slimbrowser is a graphical user interface for the Internet Explorer browser. As long as your system has a version of Internet Explorer installed it should run and be usable.

However, Slimbrowser will only be as good and as updated as the underlying Internet Explorer browser. As long as it works for you, happy happy, go ahead and use it.

Be prepared for it to not work well if at all at some point in the future when the MS operating system you are running no longer has Internet Explorer installed.

I have not kept track of updates. I'm not sure when the last Slimbrowser update came out. I have not even installed it. I only keep the version I do have installed so I can answer the odd question now and then that comes up about it.

Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson