Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum
https://www.slimbrowser.net/en/forum/

New Browser? WOW!
https://www.slimbrowser.net/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=96974
Page 1 of 2

Author:  iCORM [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:44 am ]
Post subject:  New Browser? WOW!

I'm all excited to see the new "Slimboat"... downloading and installing as of now. Yayy!! :D

Author:  oftentired [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

it is like an unbloated SB running fast like an early version of Chrome

Author:  EssBeeman [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

oftentired wrote:
it is like an unbloated SB running fast like an early version of Chrome
Why do you say SB is bloated? Curious!

Author:  oftentired [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

Bloated is not always a negatively used term.

Slimboat is an outright competitor with the other browsers based on the webkit rendering engine and it is easily comparable to a light weight early version of SB. From what I've seen so far with the limited use I've made of it it is another excellent browser offering from the Flashpeak developers.

SB as currently released is an excellent program and except for some slowdown and freezing while rendering an apparently graphic intensive webpage that is in focus when other tabs are also pulling data to be rendered (such as when starting a Group of websites) I have no complaints about the performance of it. And the work-a-round was simple. I just told the Group to make a non-graphic intensive webpage the focus when the Group was opened and that took care of it since it would not freeze the entire program if it was not the focus and SB finished rendering all the tabs by the time I moved along from the first focused tab.

The features added to SB since I first began using it have all been well thought out and implemented with concern for program speed and usability taken into account. And amazingly many suggestions from user feedback have been incorporated to one degree or another as the developers saw fit to do so.

The result is that SBFrame.exe is 3.61 MB (3,789,744 bytes) in size and SBRender.exe is 1.00 MB (1,049,520 bytes) in size for a total combined program size of approximately 4.61 MB (4,839,264 bytes). The laws of physic govern the physical speed at which the user computer will be able to execute the two main program files and because of the increased program size it is somewhat slower than the early versions. However, this is not as noticable as one might think because of the new architecture (the split frame and rendering engines) that allow the program to execute faster and because many people have upgraded their computers and are running faster computers than before when running an earlier faster version. When I first downloaded SB the program execution file was less than 1 MB in size and it was noticably faster in execution than the IE GUI at that time.

Author:  EssBeeman [ Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

Thanks for the info oftentired.

Author:  flashpeak [ Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

The main purpose of SlimBoat is to have an independent open source rendering engine on which we can more control. In addition to that, we would like to extend our browser offering to other platforms like Mac and Linux.

Feature-wise, SlimBrowser and SlimBoat are pretty similar to each other. Slimboat currently misses the ad-blocker (we are in the processing of adding this feature). However, SlimBoat does allow a full private browsing mode.

Author:  Nitehood [ Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

I gave Slimboat a try, because I get tired of SBRender going bonkers and sucking up cpu usage. I have to kill SBRender in the windows process'. At the time I had no idea it was done by the same folk as slimbrowser.

So far I really like Slimboat!

~Nitehood

Author:  iCORM [ Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

Is it possible to add advanced customization options for Tab Bar Style? Like "Button Style" and "Place On Bottom". I miss the tabs being on bottom. Please Please Please..... :D

Author:  flashpeak [ Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

It would be tough for us to add button style. But it should be relatively easy to add option to show tabs on bottom. I will add it to the list.
iCORM wrote:
Is it possible to add advanced customization options for Tab Bar Style? Like "Button Style" and "Place On Bottom". I miss the tabs being on bottom. Please Please Please..... :D

Author:  iCORM [ Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

flashpeak wrote:
It would be tough for us to add button style. But it should be relatively easy to add option to show tabs on bottom. I will add it to the list.
iCORM wrote:
Is it possible to add advanced customization options for Tab Bar Style? Like "Button Style" and "Place On Bottom". I miss the tabs being on bottom. Please Please Please..... :D



That would be awesome... Thanks :D

Author:  iCORM [ Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

oh and roboform toolbar compatibility too...

Author:  iCORM [ Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

what's with the error on every launch after updating to the latest build (1.0.12)..?

Image

Author:  kerwin11 [ Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

Why i can not use it? :(

Author:  Anseleas [ Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

I have tried this new user slim box and its very nice.it is very fast and reliable and user friendly then other browsers.

Author:  flashpeak [ Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Browser? WOW!

This issue should have been fixed in the newest version.
iCORM wrote:
what's with the error on every launch after updating to the latest build (1.0.12)..?

Image

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/