Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: download manager
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am 

Hi folks,
I was having trouble with Slimbrowser and internet Explorer about two weeks ago. I know they use the same rendering engine. I went to the Flashpeak site and found Slimboat which is almost identical to Slimbrowser but uses a different rendering engine. I've always liked Slimbrowser's tabs and find it very easy to use. The problem I was having with IE and SB was that I could not log on to Youtube. I kept getting "This Program Cannot Display the Web Page". With Slimboat no problem logging in.

However I have one thing I cannot figure out with Slimboat. I have never liked the Slimbrowser download manager so I disable it when installing SB for the first time. I prefer the simple "Open" "Save" "Cancel" choices windows supplies when the download manager is not used. I cannot figure out how to turn download manager off in Slimboat.

Also, today I was ordering equipment from one of my regular vendors but when I got to one spot where I confirm the order Slimboat, or perhaps the website would not produce the next page when clicking on the button. I bailed out of Slimboat and opened Slimbrowser and was able to finish the order.

So, is there any advice on how to disable Slimboat's built in Download manager? I see there is a checkbox in Slim Browser that says, "Use download manager". Mine is unchecked, just as I like it. I see no similar checkbox in Slimboat.

I will look further for the reason I couldn't proceed to the next step on the previously mentioned web page. I'm guessing that it probably has something to do with a security setting and perhaps even Windows Updates.

I'm using Windows 7 Sp1

John Hettish
Shelbyville,TN

Post subject: Re: download manager
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm 
Advanced Member

This is no way to disable the download manager in SlimBoat. The webkit engine doesn't provide file download support. So our download manager is the only interface available to download files. If you disable it, you simply can't download files.

Post subject: Re: download manager
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:30 am 

Thank you for the reply,

I always disable Download Manager in Slimbrowser. I've used various download managers in Slimbrowser and in Fire Fox and find I prefer the windows method of downloading. Unfortunately it is not possible to disable download manager in Slimboat and that is unfortunate. The inability to disable that function will likely keep me from making Slimboat my default web browser. I regret that because I think that moving away from the IE rendering engine is a good move.

John Hettish