Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 pm 

I am trying SlimBoat for the first time. I like it.. aside from some minor bugs.. it's nice looking.. based on the latest webkit ( or close enough) it's got lots of features. A Chrome like browser that has an interface Firefox users and other traditional browser users can be happy with.

So I come to the forum to find out about more skins and notice some disturbing things - the forum hasn't been updated with information for this new version and it's getting taken over by spammers it seems.

I was surprised to learn a version of this browser has been around since 2003 - way before Chrome was invented. The latest version information on this forum is ver 7.0 - this browser it the newer style with version 1.1.33

Exactly what is going on here? Why is there not any updated info on This browser and why is the forum so messed up and dead.. it's almost like you guys have no users..

I think of all the Chrome clones this browser has lots of potential and derserves more attention but i'm afraid it's not going to make it with these things going on. Please fill me in.

Edit to add:

My apologies.. i just noticed it seems there are or were two browsers.. slimbrowser and slimbpat. I should have posted this in the slimboat section. Mods please feel free to move this post.

Last edited by oftentired on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOVED to the Slimboat General Forum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:19 pm 
Advanced Member

It has been a little confusing since they added the Slimboat sub-Forums alongside the Slimbrowser Forums :?

Just a few days ago the developer, Flashpeak, updated to the latest phpbb board and had not yet installed the anti-spam addon to the forum. You were lucky and had the opportunity to see the result of the computer generated garbage which is frequently blocked by the addon.

The elements which make a forum take-off and fly with large numbers of active users have never come together just right and at the same time for this forum. The tone of the SB forums has always been one that is more serious and "on-topic" as opposed to a fun and chatty type forum.

My apologies for the confusion and seemingly less than friendly appearance when you visited.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:38 pm 

Thank you for the info about the forum (and moving my thread).

It seems from what I read that SlimBoat in it's current form has been out about a year now and I see you guys are updating it with features and bug fixes. What I don't understand is why it has so few users. Is this release not very well advertised?

Are there plans to update the SlimBoat FAQ's with updated info for this version? ( some of the help people asked for like the changing of the skins got replies not meant for this version of SlimBoat.)

Is Application Style what this version is calling "Skins" or "Themes"? If so.. I can't get half of them to show correctly.. they look the same.. I'd like to download more skins but cant find a way to do so.

I'd like to see this broswer at least be as popular as CoolNovo, formally Chrome Plus. I like that browser but I like SlimBoats interface better. ( i suppose this is just normal growning pains for a new product)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:52 am 
Advanced Member

This is a user supported forum with many replies to questions coming from ordinary users who desire to take the time to help out with questions being asked. Typically there are only a very few who do this.

Some of the problem is me when I read a Boat post and forget to check that it is in the Boat forum and I answer with a Slimbrowser response; which is of course the wrong answer.

I've spent so long with Slimbrowser I don't find myself motivated to answer the Slimboat questions. What we really need is someone willing to be an advocate of Slimboat and willing to take the time to try and figure out answers to the questions.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson