Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: View problem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 am 
Since re-installng SlimBrowser on my new hard disc, a few buggy things are bothering me. They don't seem too difficult for the resident geniuses here. All of them deal with the topmost bar

1. I don't see any way on the top line, right, for temporarily minimizing SlimBrowser or for closing it. I.e. All that I see after the green "go" button are: a. previous window, b. next window, c. Restore d.Close All (which it doesn't) and e. which is The black X which means "close" (which it doesn't). To close SlimBrowser, I must go back to File and then "Exit"

The lack of "Minimalizing" button is very annoying.

2. Just now, when I tried to solve thngs myself with the "View" button, I did sometning stupid and hid the entire bar which says File Edit, View, Language, Help etc etc etc. (In fact, to get this Forum I had to Google "Slimbrowser Forum"

There must be a simple way to get it back.

Many thanks to all, as ever.

Post subject: Re: View problem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am 
Advanced Member

A. Common forum etiquette. In the futures Please Post a New Topic For Each Question or Problem so the Topic Subject can properly specifically reflect the information in the post

Are you sure your running Slimboat?

1. This applies to Slimbrowser but I don't see this option in Slimboat. After installation by default settings I notice when I have SB maximized that it removes the title bar and replaces that with the first line of menu items.

Tools:Options:Misc
at the very bottom
uncheck the box next to "Hide title bar when maximized"

to toggle the control window for title bar actions when the title bar is hidden press
Alt + Hyphen (minus sign on keypad or key next to the number zero above OP is the hyphen)

for both Slimboat and Slimbrowser
2. Ctrl + F10 should bring back your Menu Bar.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am 
Many thanks for bringing back my toolbar!

That bottom bar of Misc was already unchecked, so I'm afraid I still can't minimze the program. But I'm certain I'll find a way.

:) Harry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am 
Advanced Member

Unless the toolbars are locked (View>Toolbars>Lock toolbars) you might have accidentally dragged some items around. Even if they are, it might be worth unlocking - and seeing if you can move things to where you want them - use the vertical dotted lines to drag them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:38 am 
thanks. I looked all over for that minimize bar, but no luck.Then went to all the vertical dotted lines, looked under every nook and cranny and sitll couldn't find it . Nor did I find it under the "Customize ToolBar" setting.

So I was thinking of moving the "Faoorites" file to another directory, uninstalling everything in Slimbrowser (with the Revo Uninstaller, which deletes everything, even in the Registry), re-installing SlimBrowser, putting back the favorites file and beginning again.

Hope there's another solution, but if not, I think that might work.

All the best from a thundery New York which will drive my spaniel into more distraction than a computer.

Harry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 am 
Advanced Member

Hmmm... It seems a bit drastic, but might be the only solution! I'm assuming from what you say, that it's never worked on that hard drive, in which case 'System restore' (if you're running Windows) won't help either.

Can't think of anything else to try, so good luck from a hot and sunny West London, England :) - your weather often comes our way, so will look forward to the storms - not :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:57 am 
Advanced Member

Well you can exploit a bug first. Use your keyboard for this even though there is a menu item too

Ctrl+Shift+M

this places the toolbars in a compact mode so far so good

now do it again to restore it back from compact mode

Ctrl+Shift+M

this brings the toolbars out of compact mode AND re-arranges them all completely different than they were before (that bug I mentioned)

now unlock the Toolbars and try to find your missing bits