Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:38 pm 

Hi. Absolutely love SlimBoat. Very minimal and snappy.

I have 4 feature requests:

1. TABS. Please find a way to rationalize Tab usage. Firefox has an extension for a color-coded outlined vertical tab bar that's fantasic. IMO it's the most usable tab solution I've seen. What we have now is a tab bar that's only convenient for a small number of tabs (say < 10). Alternatively, we have the Window menu, which works but is spartan and unpleasant to use as a primary tab picker.

Many of us who use the Web for research and work would like to organize our tab usage in some way. I tried to use History, Groups and finally separate windows as a solution to the Tab Crisis. This led to the following request for History and Groups.

2. HISTORY. Please fix History so that it can work with Forums. Forums (like this one!) encode data into their URLs, so a list of URLs is pretty worthless. Perhaps displaying a Webpage Title field (like the Groups dialog!) does may be a solution.

Seriously, how could you tell that:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=97429
was:
Feature Request >> Preload-the-frame

3. GROUPS. Groups is a useful concept with a horrible GUI. Very unintuitive. I have the option to add tabs piecemeal through the horrible dialogbox or to save the TabBar as an .sgp file (no Groups GUI at all). I ended up saving the entire TabBar via the SaveDialog and then opening up the GroupsDialog to delete the unwanted tabs. But if I open another 10 tabs, I either have to add them to my group indiviually via GroupDialog, or save a new TabBarGroup. I would eventually end up with a bunch of .sgp files named things like wxPython-DBGrid-SubClassing-2013.06.15-A, etc...

That's just horrible. Perhaps a SaveAllTabsToBookmarkFolder command, which would allow an alternative to Groups with the simplicity Bookmarks? Not perfect (it won't remember where I am in the page) but it seems more usable.

4. SHORTCUT_KEYS. Can these be user definable? I would like to assign a ShortCutKey to ZoomTextOnly and OrganizeBookmarks.

Thanks for your consideration
Mark