Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 am 

I have also noticed this behavior for some time now. Random sites, and for me it seems to occur more when I'm in a site where I'm filling out forms, or typing in a form window. I just tried to post a Feedback comment and the bloody thing froze up 3 times.

When it freezes up I can't click on tabs, or any other link or feature. Clicking on the task bar button elicits a 'Tonk' sound, but nothing else. Opening task Manager shows it's running, but clicking Switch To does nothing. I was filling out an online job application that had multiple essay questions and the browser would lock up 2 or three times for each answer box. It's maddening, and an application form that should have taken me about 30 min to fill out, about 10 Essay type questions too, me almost 2 hours. I would have changed to another browser except I was afraid if I aborted the session it would not register properly on the job site, so I cursed and screamed and banged on the slimbrowser button on the taskbar until I almost broke the mouse left click button,

I thought, OK, maybe it's an issue with the IE browser, so I upgraded to IE7. Made no difference. I've let IE8 alone for a few months since it came out, but thought, OK, maybe it's IE7, so I upgraded to IE8. No difference.
Slimbrowser V4.11 Build 029 Toshiba Satellite Laptop, less than one year old, Windows XP Pro Media Centre edition, SP3 Fully Patched, 2GB Ram, 150GB HDD. Running AVG Free 8.x fully updated. I have had this issue with no other browser AND I don't have this issue with IE8. I would far rather use Slimbrowser though, particularly for the groups function. What else can be done, it's impossible to use it like this!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:40 am 

When it happens again, try pressing left Alt key, maybe it's a dialog box that pops up behind the main window; pressing Alt should bring it to front.

What's driving me crazy is some (useless, for me) security "feature" of IE that keeps popping a dialog box asking if I wanna allow both secure and nonsecure items to be displayed, when logging into GMail and the MSFN forums board. I've tried fiddling with the IE Options panel, to no avail. Either I'm missing something or IE6 is intended to drive users mad. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52 am 
Advanced Member

Drugwash wrote:
...or IE6 is intended to drive users mad. :(
You DEFINITELY need to upgrade to IE7 or IE8. :?

My Cardomain site, featuring my Ãœbercharged 1997 Mazda MiataImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:35 am 

I'll wait until MS release a Win9x-compatible version of either. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:04 pm 

On the other hand, my Firefox 3.0.1 started always hanging when I tried to log in to BigFishGames (CPU 99% forever until rather laboriously killed).. SB does it fast, no muss, no fuss.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 pm 

Yeah I have faced same problem while accessing internet. When I opened a site, SB freezes until that page load, sometimes it may take more than 5 minutes. I am not able to view already loaded pages.
This has been happening with firebox also. It is getting to be seriously irritating and I did not get any satisfactory solution to this problem also did not find exact reason to face such problem. Sometimes I have to close my firebox containing that window.
Regards
Kristain Miller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:29 am 

@ BlackFireNova: End the process tree and re open it again that could be helpful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9