Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:19 pm 

Last week I went ahead and upgraded both Internet Explorer (v6 to v8) as well as Slimbrowser to 4.12. (Love Slimbrowser- hate IE)

What I've noticed is that when I click on hyperlinks, that are embedded in words, many times (a lot of the time) rather than taking me to the intended site, I'm directed to my Homepage. If I go back and click the same link again, it usually works fine- however it is a bit annoying.

Since I upgraded both IE and Slimbrowser at the same time, I have no way of knowing if this is due to one or the other. Not sure if this is a bug, but wanted to put this out there.

Any suggestions are welcome as well. I will be doing some checking, and will gladly post back if i find anything relevant.

Regards,
jnibori

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 pm 

For whatever reason, the problem seems to have resolved itself and I don't have any information as to why. :? I made no other relevant changes that I'm aware of.

jnibori

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:13 pm 

Spoke too soon. :(

Same thing occurs when I save a page as a shortcut to my Desktop. When i click the shortcut, it only opens my home page (Which is nothing more than a web portal I created) When I check the properties of the shortcut, I see the correct URL is there, which I can even copy and paste into my browser.

Don't know if this is a result of my browser, or something with the O.S.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:02 am 

Thought I'd just throw in some updated info about my problem-

It only seems to onto occur if I don't have my browser open. In-other-words, if my browser is already open and I click a link in an email (Outlook Express v.6) or click on a Desktop shortcut to a site it works. If the browser is not already open, that same links just brings up my home page. When clicked again after the browser is already open, it takes me to the intended page. This is definitely an issue, at least on my end.

jnibori

PS- Do the programmers actually read these threads, or is this pretty much just a feel-good courtesy?