SBframe times out waiting for SBrender

SlimBrowser bug reports

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

exotech12

SBframe times out waiting for SBrender

Post by exotech12 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Recently, SB takes a long time to load on my two XP SP3 computers:
Eventually it times out waiting for SBrender. By choosing "Ignore" (which causes a new instance of SBrender to be created) everything starts normally.
Whether this is caused by changes in the underlying IE8.0.6001 or changes in SB 7.00.66 I cannot say.
Would be very nice if you could find a fix for this, as the quick startup currently is only a fond memory ;-)

Hofftronics

Re: SBframe times out waiting for SBrender

Post by Hofftronics » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 am

I have the same problem with windows 7. If I don't want to wait for the browser to start, I have to delete the render-process with the taskmanager and then start Silmbrowser again.

yukonzach

Post by yukonzach » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Why isn't this question answered yet (or even acknowledged)? This exact same problem has been plaguing me for months. I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times to no avail. I really don't want to completely stop using SB because of this, but if it can't be fixed, I will have to.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 am

This may or may not be related to the causative factor

I've recently noticed when I start SB right after closing another program, in most cases my email program which is Thunderbird, that SBRender and SBFrame show up in the processes listed as running but don't make it to the application list and the GUI is missing. Not sure why this happens. But I have noticed most often it is right after closing another program.