Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:55 pm 

I have updated to the latest version of 8.1 and every time I try to use Groups the browser crashes. I've tried reducing the rendering mode to IE10 and also IE9 but it still crashes. I'm using SB version 7.00 build 089. If I just open sites one by one, no problems, but as soon as I try a group, even one of only three sites, the SB promptly crashes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:47 pm 
Advanced Member

Try this

Tools:Options:Advanced

set maximum number of tabs per process to 1

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:26 pm 

I narrowed it down to the CNN site (www.cnn.com). It consistently crashes now in SlimBrowser (now running version 7.00 build 091), although it works fine in both IE 11 and Firefox. The Groups work fine as long as the CNN site isn't one of the members of the group. This crashing started right after the latest Windows 8.1 update. Since the CNN site doesn't crash in IE and only in SlimBrowser, there's something in SB that can't handle that site after the Win update for some reason. I did try setting the maximum number of tabs per process to 1, but the CNN site still causes SB to crash so badly I have to use Control+Alt+Delete to end task.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm 
Advanced Member

perhaps an element on the cnn pages is not being handled well by something SB does but IE doesn't

as an experiment try turning off ad blocking for the CNN domain
and then try turning it off for popup blocking

I would also try the different IE compatibility levels starting from highest working down to 9.

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:19 pm 

I'm currently using the latest version (7.00 build 094) and it's still crashing. I have pushed the default rendering mode back to IE9 and turned off ad blocking, popup blocking, etc., but it still crashes on certain sites, like CNN, which then causes the whole group to crash. If I open the sites individually, they're fine, but in a group with a site that crashes whenever I open it, the whole group crashes. The good thing about the latest build, however, is I'm able to at least close the tabs and close the browser without it locking up completely, so there's progress. I'll keep trying, but until it's fixed, I'll stick with Firefox for awhile.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:47 pm 

I'm happy to report that with the latest Windows and IE updates this week, all is well again with groups. No more crashing! I'm so happy!!!!!