Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Some e-mails are blank
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:30 pm 
Advanced Member

Just upgraded to a newer computer with Win 7 (from an XP box). Installed Slimbrowser on new box, but for some reason, some e-mails are blank, and some display just fine. (I'm using Excite for home page and Excite's web mail, have been for many, many years).

I can go thru the list of e-mails in the inbox, some display just fine, others open up a blank window. On my old box (Same ver. of SB with XP) all e-mails open and display properly.

Also, perhaps related, if I try to create a new e-mail with the Rich Text option enabled, it starts to open it, but fails with a generic error message that there was a "problem opening the new compose window, please try again". It I disable the rich text editor and use plain text for composing, it opens just fine.

Been thru the options in the Excite mail applet, nothing helps, perhaps it's some option in SB that I'm not seeing. BTW, everything works just fine in IE, so I don't think it's an option that's shared with SB.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:52 pm 
Advanced Member

Check that popup and ad blocking is turned off for your email website.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:11 am 
Advanced Member

Pretty sure I tried all of those options both ways. It's weird, most e-mails display content with no problem, but a few open up and are all blank.

And if I try to reply to ANY e-mail, the problem of loading rich texts won't allow the window to open, yet I have the option to use only plain text enabled in the mail app! (If I create a New mail, it opens, but ONLY if I have the "default editor" set for plain text)

Edit: Added screen shot of a blank e-mail.
Also, did a fresh install of SB on another win7 PC and it does the same thing. Maybe something in Win 7?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:36 pm 
Advanced Member

Seems like only e-mails from certain addresses are always blank. Most display properly. If I "right" click on a blank one and select "Print Preview", then I can see the e-mail, but it's not very clear. Of course, if I open up the same thing in IE, there's no problem seeing the e-mail that was blank in Slimbrowser. Again, this is only on Slimbrowser and Win 7; I had no problems like this when I was running Slimbrowser on Win XP.