Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Unable to Download Files
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:22 pm 

I'm having truoble downloading files in Slimbrowser. Whenever i try to download, say, a bank statement, or the install file for Flash Player, I get a message that reads "Unable to download <filename> from <website>. The File could not be written to cache." When I try to download the same file in IE11, it works fine and I can complete the download. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Slimbrowser. I have the latest version. When I uninstall, I select to remove all settings and then I run a registry clean to get rid of any fragments of the program. This same problem happened a few months ago and somehow I managed to fix it, but I don't rememeber what steps I took to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 am 
Advanced Member

the only other problem you posted about in this forum was about http pages not being served so no help there from a previously discussed problem

The only time I've had trouble with downloads has been when I've limited my cache size to be smaller than the download file or when the download location, either the initial temp location or the final save location, has run out of disk space. And the solution has been to either change the offending location or free up disk space.

In any event, there is version 7.00.120 released, and I suggest installing that version if you have not already.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm 

Whoops. I totally forgot that I had posted that. When this originally happened I did remove the program and all of it's settings along with running a sweep of my registry to delete all references to Slimbrowser. I also rebooted my computer, something I very rarely ever need to do. I don't remember if that is what ultimately fixed the problem, but here I am again with the exact same problem. I have repeated all of the same things I did before and no luck. ALso, I am currently running the latest version, 7.00.120. I honestly have no idea how to permanently fix this problem which appears to be a Slimbrowser issue since IE11 works fine, as does Firefox and Chrome. I would run the others if it weren't for the fact that I don't like the way they run tabs and my older version of Roboform doesn't work on the other browsers.