Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:20 am 
Advanced Member

Listing this as a "major" bug report...

SlimBrowser 7.00 Build 123 crashes everything, period....[/b]

No pages open, all call a crash error, this running on Win 7 64bit with the "usual" Win 7 IE 11 browser engine.

Had to revert back to 7.0.0 Build 121 and everything is back normal more or less.

Strange brew, as can not see any setting that's been changed in Build 123 changed from 121...

Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:57 am 
Advanced Member

UPDATE: 10 Aug 2015

System used on: Windows 7 Pro 64bit newest Updates

SITUATION:
Portable 7.00 Build 123 appears to launch and display websites/pages, e.g. no crashes observed.[/b]

Since Portable Build 123 appears to work...

...will re-download and re-test the "full" 7.00 Build 123 (non portable) and test again...

OK, Slim Browser 7.00.123, aka Build 123 -- the non portable -- STILL CRASHES with EVERY existing and new webpage tab.

THEREFORE...

We MUST understand what in the world changed between SB 121 and 123, while we were essentially told nothing

(OR)

Come to grips as to what changed or makes Portable 123 to work, but the non-portable Build 123 does not -- perhaps there are compiler changes, missing files, something(s) changed in Build 123, etc. ??

What "worries" a bit is that there are no other users seeing this "problem" ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:50 am 
Advanced Member

UPDATE: 15 August 2015

System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit (same as has worked fine with SM in the past)

Can't find anything "wrong", but again, as of 7.00 Build 123, the full SM app is crashing and useless as reported earlier. All pages fail to load, giving same error message.

Again, strangely, the Portable Build 123 runs fine -- no crashes, all pages load as would be normal -- but that's messing up my carefully cultivated full version SM storage and data. So I can not use that.

So, as before, reverted back to 7.00 Build 121 full SM app as it's the last version that still works properly.

Just to cover what I can, I updated Java and Flash for SM, but no effect on the core problem.

Not possible that I am the only one seeing this problem ??

joerotello at windowgroup dot com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 am 
Advanced Member

UPDATE: September 2 and 4, 2015

Updated to SlimBrowser 7.0.0.124 full version, but has same crashing problems as described above for SB Build 123, on Win 7 Pro 64bit using the "usual" MS IE 11 engine.

Again, reverted back to Build 121 and all is back to working, again on Win 7 Pro 64bit using the "usual" MS IE 11 engine.

Have resigned myself to moving over to SlimJet 4.0.15.0 and am now trying that out.

Regarding SlimBrowser Builds greater than 121, something internally must have changed, resulting in Builds > 121 being useless.