Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:08 am 

It's just a question, not a claim. But here's the clues.

1. I haven't had to hard reboot my Win7 PC to recover, for at least a couple of years. When I got up and turned on my monitor this morning the screen was blank/black and nothing would bring it alive. Btw I have my Power Options set to Never for turning off or Sleep.

2. Last night, first time ever, I left my SB7 paused on Amazon Prime video at the end of a series episode, because if I exit the prog Amazon forces me to re-login and re-find the Series. So I thought I'd just leave SB logged in and paused overnight.

3. Loop back to 1.

So my ~guess~ is it's something about either Amazon/Prime or SB7 or the combination. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 pm 
Advanced Member

I suggest you try to reproduce the problem to gain information

try it at least twice, with and without the amazon page loaded

after that, if you can reproduce it, try again but this time move along to the next episode and let it run a few seconds then pause it and leave it for the night.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 am 

oftentired wrote:
I suggest you try to reproduce the problem to gain information

That's almost always good advice. But in this case I don't want to re-experience the panic, even the forced restart was Very Slow.

At this point, without following your suggestion, I'm willing to just exit SB when it's going to be hours of unattended running. As for the cause, could it be that the box ran out of its 8 gigs of RAM? Doubt it. But I had a look at Event Viewer, snapped here. Notable entries leading into this crash are (Aomei) "Backupper Service", not needed and now disabled, and then of course the ERROR at 6:47am. Unfortunately this level is over my old head.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.