Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Settings Issue.

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

iCORM
Advanced Member

Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Settings Issue.

Post by iCORM » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:16 am

I just updated from ie10 release preview to the final RTM build a day ago and at the same time updated to the lastest version of SB v6.01 Build 100 on my Windows 7 Ultimate x86 machine. And Since then websites are screwed up. e.g. check the attached images. The Yahoo mail site is scrambled, but when i change the compatibility settings to IE8 Mode or less it shows up properly. Now i thought this must be something to do with IE and not SB. But then i opened all those sites that were scrambled in Slimbrowser, directly in Internet Explorer and surprise! they all opened properly and damn fast. (guess Microsoft really did some job on the final release of ie10).

Without Compatibility Settings (Or Default IE10 Mode):

With Compatibility Settings set to IE8 Mode:

Yahoo Mail was just one website to show an example and there are lot other sites too. So coming to the conclusion, its not really a IE10 issue. For time being the setting it to IE8 Mode is solving the veiwing problem but the websites still have functionality issues as most of them are optimised for IE9 and up. Anyone else having the same issue?

DrBeenGolfing

Re: Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Settings Issue.

Post by DrBeenGolfing » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Yahoo Mail works fine in IE10 mode on my machine. Only problem I've had is the IE10 spell check won't port over to SlimBrowser.